Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Hotel Rubicon Palace
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: November 17, 2006 02:11PM

Just had the opportunity to have a good look around this hotel, as we're doing some work there on Monday.

Absolutely gorgeous!

Elle xx

Re: Hotel Rubicon Palace
Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: November 17, 2006 03:26PM

Where is it? Aren't they knocking it down?

Date: November 17, 2006 04:14PM

If you have the Corbetta on your left... keep going up that road... across another 2 or 3 roundabouts, and you'll see it on your left on the 3rd or 4th roundabout.

Didn't know they were knocking it down. They'll be doing up that end of Playa Blanca, including the port (which badly needs it), so maybe it's part of that process? It certainly looked business as usual today.

Date: November 17, 2006 07:13PM

Ah yes... that makes more sense.

Cheers, Pete

Date: November 23, 2006 12:22PM

Huh?? Confused now!!! The building licence I thought relates to the Rubicon Palace right?

Get so confused - far easier when there were only two hotels!! Timanfaya palace and the original Princessa!

And now I'll have to moan about how terrible the light pollution is....

Next trip am heading over to Ace Ventura to try and find Playa Blanca circa 1985!!!

Date: November 23, 2006 02:55PM

Yes, El Golfo is under threat too for having properties under the 100m limit. But people think that's more about targetting the Mayor of Yaiza.

Date: November 23, 2006 04:23PM

Golfo the place? But those buildings are tiny and have been there for donkey's years.

Date: November 23, 2006 04:33PM

Yes, I know! It's awful. The fact that these have been there for years, is what's keeping them at the moment. It's still not decided... I've tried to find the article that talks about it, but no luck yet. All I could find was one that discussed the tables on the terraces there.

Just think though... if they enforced that rule... then we'd lose most of PDC, Costa Teguise and Arrecife. They can't enforce it on stuff already built, surely. That's just madness.

Date: November 23, 2006 04:44PM

Can't see how losing PDC would be a bad thing. Maybe these are sensible people after all.

Date: November 23, 2006 06:18PM

Hi Pete.

I saw some visitor figures that showed the opposite, and an actual rise for October (year on year). Mind you, these were airport figures from AENA, and doesn't take any ship figures into account. But I wouldn't mind seeing where your official ones came from hon. Could you either paste a link in here, or email it to me at elle@gandy-draper.com

I do like checking stuff like that out. Call me "Nosey Elle" lol.

Cheers me dear!

Date: November 23, 2006 06:51PM

Cheers hon. I do like my market research smiling smiley

Hugs, Elle x

Date: November 30, 2006 11:41PM

Sorry Pete, you must think me very rude! And I'm not! Well.. maybe after too much vino... but anyhoo...

I forgot to say that I've been on the Asolan site - and it's now saved to my favourites.

As I mentioned before... I love my Market Research. It forms a large part of building our business out here in Lanzarote. If you know of any other useful sites - I'd be in your debt for a blimmin long time!

I do watch the Cabildo site, 2 Lanzarote news sites, and a couple of other Spanish ones (thanks heaven for babelfish whilst I still learn the lingo)

Hugs, Elle x

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum