LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Weather in Playa Blanca today...
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: November 22, 2006 07:00PM

... was absolutely gorgeous! The forecast today said it would be overcast, but nope... just a few little clouds dotted about.

This is my first winter in lanzarote (Ok, so my first everything in Lanzarote until September next year!)... but I'm led to believe that normally it's a bit chillier here. Must admit, my cardie has been in use in the evenings lately.

For all of you travelling here over the next few days, it'll be a bit changeable. But the temperatures are looking fairly steady.

Obviously I'm only speaking for Playa Blanca... but if anyone else can comment on other areas of the island, then I'm sure people would love to hear it. Then we can get a more specific area picture, instead of a general one.

Cheers all!

Hugs, as always, Elle xx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weather in Playa Blanca today...
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: November 22, 2006 08:29PM

Wet, windy and b****y freezing here !!!! And going to get worse over the next few days apparently.

Date: November 22, 2006 08:59PM

She's somewhere in the Uk CG hon... but not entirely sure where.

How are you doing anyway? Got your scarf and mitts out yet? Oh dear... I'm sooo going to regret lauding it over you guys when I freeze in Derby at Christmas! :'(

You're more than welcome Coaty. Just travel safely tomorrow... and don't forget the big bynch of flowers, bottle of champers (cos I can only find Cava here), and box of chocs for my birthday!

Hugs, Elle xx

PS: Alan's just reminded me of the Chris Moyles show and the "Yesterday's Weather - the report that's never wrong!" Ha ha ha ha ha!!! We've started listening to him online in the mornings now. Great stuff. Such a White Van Man - love him all the way!

Date: November 23, 2006 09:55AM

Oh dear... my spelling wasn't quite up to scratch was it?! Ha ha ha ha ha Coaty! I shall banish myself to that other place where yu can only type in weird code.

Actually I had a dream last night that the weather was absolutely amazing today - and that I posted it on here (really do need to get a life). However, I've got up this morning, and there's a puddle on the table outside. So it's either rained... or we spilt wine on it, and I don't know which it was. Ahem. Speaking of dreams... I also dreamt that I was selling cut-price telephone services to German people, but trying to do it in Spanish. Eek... what's all THAT about?

OK... weather update then:
It's a little cloudy here (at 8:55am), but I can see really lovely blue skies coming over the Femes mountains. I think it's going to be a gorgeous day in a short while!

Travel safely hon!

Elle xx

Posted by: SUZZY ()
Date: November 24, 2006 01:04PM

Hi all a newbie ...nice to hear its lovely there.... wet and miserable here Shropshire uk...going to be in Lanzarote for the 1st time at Christmas 21st-28th DEC. Thats 1st for Lanz. and 1st 4 Chris. SO EXCITED!!

App. booked left right and centre to view property...hoping to buy!!!

Staying at the Tuscan apt. Costa Teguise...can anyone tell me...do ppl celebrate Christmas dinning out or on the beach or wot? We really dont know wot to expect any advise would be welcome guys?
Do places to eat open on Christmas day? Do u need to book? HELP PLEASE!!
Hugs Suz x

Date: November 24, 2006 01:28PM

Hi Suz. I've not had a christmas in Lanz yet, so can't advise... but I'm sure someone else will for you!

Congratulations on making the move - have a super Xmas here in Lanz!

As for the weather today... well... it's that good, that Alan's taking me to Papagayo in a bit! I love that beach!

Date: November 24, 2006 01:39PM

Thanx Elle...so excited its un true!! BIG KID !!
I could have come out tomorrow hehehe but partner works so got to wait for him..poor love couldn't leave him to fend for him self could l!! hehehehe
Is this going to be ur 1st Christmas in Lanzarote then? Will be different?
What made u chose Lanzarote over any of the other islands?
hugs Suz xx

Date: November 24, 2006 01:48PM

We're actually going back to the Uk for 10 days over Christmas, but are back for New Year.

We chose Lanzarote because we had a couple of friends here already - and yes, the weather of course. Not regretted it for an instant. Oh apart from day 2, when I had histrionics over a cockroach in the temporary accomodation. But no, it's amazing here - and the people are lovely too! Any help at all that you need, just ask - and we'll be more than happy to point you in the right direction. People have been really helpful for me and my fella as we've settled... and we'd love to do the same for others.

Hugs, Elle

Date: November 24, 2006 08:32PM

Hi Elle......mmmmmmm rather on the big side aren't they ugh!!

Any contacts in the building trade out there would be wonderful?...have spent the last 10 months or so doing up 3 properties bit sick of paint and plaster so hope to find some where that doesn't need work doing to it but a good builder is always a useful contact!!
Hugs Suz n pmacs x

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum