LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
La Brisa Marina
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: November 24, 2006 11:22AM

Well, here I am, the "morning after".

For my birthday dinner, we went to "Brisa Marina". We'd wandered up and down yesterday afternoon, to see what we fancied. I'd mentioned "La Bocaina", but unfortunately it was closed when we walked past.

Ok... so onto the food etc...

I ordered the Canarian Stew for a starter, but they had run out - so they gave me their fish soup instead. Oh my god!!! It was absolutely fantastic. We've said that we must go there for lunch one day soon, just for that! superb. Alan had garlic mushrooms, which again were excellent. Not too soft, not too hard, cooked just right - with loads of garlic - yum!

For main course I had grilled sole. Again this was excellent, with a salty coating. It was served with Canarian potatoes (my first time - and I'll be cooking them myself now!) and salad. Alan had fillet steak with pepper sauce. He ordered it rare because he wanted it medium, and he expected it to be cooked for longer than it should. However, this indeed turned up rare, exactly as ordered, and melted in the mouth. I'd definitely order the steak there, but maybe not with the pepper sauce (I just love the flavour of the meat). His was served with fries and salad.

We don't do desserts... we have more of a savoury tooth. But the whole lot was washed down with a carafe of the house dry white. Ok, so that wasn't as goos as Pinot - but it was certainly palatable.

Got chatting to a lovely couple called Colleen (?) and Ashley at the next table too. They knew you, Angie... as I was trying to get them to put their property through you hon. Lol... always the networker eh!

Anyway... upshot is... Do visit La Brisa marina... the food, service, view from the table was all top-notch! Even the waiter laughed when my stuttering Spanish thanked him, said it was amazing, and said they should all have kisses. He actually blushed, bless him. Now THAT'S not something you see every day.

Finished our night by bimbling into Charmers for a few more drinkies, and a happy birthday from all in there.

Great night! Thanks Alan... I do love you!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: La Brisa Marina
Date: November 24, 2006 01:31PM

Ha ha ha ha! Of course I overdid it! I vaguely remember staggering in... rearranging the furniture ready to watch a movie on the PC... Needless to say, the movie never got watched - And I woke up on the bed still in last night's clothes.

But don't worry... I'm fully recovered and refreshed... and very much looking forward to tonight!

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: November 24, 2006 04:08PM

Often do lunch at Brisas Marina - v. relaxed and great for people watching!

Obviously still not been to Bodega!

Date: November 28, 2006 11:59AM

Absolutely, Will! Am craving that soup again as we speak. It's a great location. It has all that romantic stuff... soft lighting... waves lapping at the shore... giggles at dodgy haircuts... yada yada!

And no, haven't got to Bodega yet. Did amble over that way a little while ago - but it was Fiesta day, so all was quiet. Didn't see the restaurant though, so we'll have a another look I think.

Hugs, as always... Elle x

Date: November 28, 2006 12:10PM

It has a penquin on the sign outside.

If you like the soup at brisas try the fishermans soup at romantica!

Date: November 28, 2006 12:59PM

If you walk down to the front by the town beach and cross the storm drain or whatever that thing is heading away from Pedros Brisas Marina is one of the larger restaurants on the left. Blue canapies providing shade I seem to remember.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum