LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Christmas in Lanzarote
Posted by: lolly ()
Date: November 30, 2006 05:31PM

Hello everyone. We're spending Christmas in Lazarote,and as we have never been before, I thought I'd ask you guys for some tips & advice. We are staying in Matagorda, PDC and want to know the best places to visit and things to do over the Festive period. We're leaving cold wet England to get away from anything too trashy, have fun on the beach & enjoy some family quiet time - we'll have use of a car. I'm trying to find some nice local typical Spanish bars & restaurants, best quiet sandy beaches and also if there are any traditional festivities, such as nativities. I read something about a firework display in PDC. Is there a site/on line newspaper that lists activities for over Christmas? Looking forward to hearing back from you all!

p.s. Does Zara sell summer or winter clothes this time of year? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Christmas in Lanzarote
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: November 30, 2006 05:48PM

Hi Lolly. I'm afraid I can't help you with what bars etc do stuff over Christmas... But I can point you to some gorgeous sandy beaches! Head South and visit Papagayo. It'll cost 3 euros to get your car in... and you'll need to take refreshments during the day (no shop inside) - but it's lovely down there. We always go to the furthest one. It's shallow there too, so if your kiddies are young, they should be fine. There are also some gorgeous sandy beaches in the North of the island - although I haven't visited them myslef yet. PDC has a really long stretch of sand, and my fella's boys said that was their favourite sandy one.

You'll find that lots of people will post on this thread for you, from all over... so you shuld get a good picture of what's going on.

We're actually going back to the Uk for a few days over Xmas... but are returning to spend New Year in PDC. It'll be my first in Lanzarote - and I'm very excited, as you can imagine.

Travel safely... and have a fantastic time. Actually you WILL anyway!
Hugs, Elle xx

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: November 30, 2006 06:29PM

Which Papagayo beach do you go to Elle? Is that the Horseshoe cove one?

Collectively the beaches are called the Papagayo beaches think there are 5? But my fave is actually called the paya papagayo and has steep sides to get to it and is shaped like a horseshoe cove! Def worth going to - 20 to 30 min drive from pdc.

Arrieta is also good for lazy lunch and then beach.

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: November 30, 2006 09:26PM

I can't remember the name of it Will. But as you've driven in... there's a turning on your left. We take that one... and then the next left again. It's got what looks like a disused caravan park on it?

I've only found 3 so far. But yes, I'd heard there were more.

Posted by: SUZZY ()
Date: December 01, 2006 08:51AM

Hi Lolly.....new to this group...doing the same 1st Christmas in Lanzarote very excited also looking at property while there may never come back to UK!! hehehe
Been looking at alsorts of stuff on the www sounds like a dream place!!
Hope u have a blast
Hugs Suz n Pmacs

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: December 01, 2006 10:07AM

You want to keep on going with the caravans on your left for about another 300 metres or so then park in the bigish car park. There is a little cafe right at the top on the horeshoe cove beach is to the left.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum