Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Chatzone
Posted by: bawbee ()
Date: December 01, 2006 01:36AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2006 01:14AM by bawbee.

Chatzone
Date: December 01, 2006 01:36AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2006 01:15AM by bawbee.

Chatzone
Date: December 01, 2006 01:37AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2006 01:16AM by bawbee.

Chatzone
Date: December 01, 2006 01:37AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2006 01:17AM by bawbee.

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: December 01, 2006 02:43AM

Please... enough now, Bawbee.

Whatever beef you have with certain members of this group - your persistent deletion of threads (or the requesting of such) is causing disruption now. In my capacity as a professional back in the Uk - I was often criticised for being precise, and for pushing a point, "Anal" was the word often used (heck I used it myself!), and yes I got pleasure out of being "politically correct", and putting things into printed word that people knew were there for a "dig" but were also hiding an underlying method. My driving concern was to ensure that my Clients were always looked after as the number one priority. I would've loved to have thought that the politics was left behind. Apparently not on these message boards though, eh!

I personally have no problem with you at all - but what I do have a problem with is when I log into a forum and find that there are 30+ posts a day all about you. You may be right... I don't know the history. But then neither do any new peopl who may be thinging of coming to this gorgeous island for a holiday, or to live. What I have seen is an irresponsible, aggressive post from you when you felt you were being attacked personally. That could not be further from the truth at that time. Obviously since you posted, things have changed.

The posts that caused your defensive rebuttal were not aimed at you personally. They were from a number of people that do not necessarily have the level of IT expertise that you & I & some others have. They were quite rightly nervous about what happened on the other site - and were very much well within their rights to voice their concerns. If you had read the entire conversation - you would have seen that some of us were trying to be reassuring. If a Doctor told you that the operation you were about to have was vital, but wouldn't cause you any lasting damage - or disrupt your life... you may still have a heavy discussion with him. That's human nature. It is our normal behavior to distrust anything that we do not understand. I could get you onto a theological conversation now too, but that would achieve nothing. Just as this persistance means nothing. It just riles people.

Everybody is entitled to their personal opinion... and I for one would always encourage someone to have a voice. Somehow it seems that not everyone feels that way.

The one mistake you made was to ban somebody from another site for having a voice - and then to come in here and publicly announce it. You punished him for the opinions of other people - and chose to do it in a humiliating manner. I am a regular visitor to the other forum (and a number of others) - and I have always enjoyed my time in there. I do not however, see any of the regular members in here going into lanzarote.com and making their voice heard by whatever method. No what I have seen is supprt by a number of us members to encourage you and your team to get over that "hiccup".

That person has offered to speak to you privately - and to sort it out between just the two of you, instead of dragging everyone else into it - but unfortunately that hasn't happened. Instead this site is being disrupted by what can only be described as playground behavior. Posts are being deleted that are very pertinent... weather included. There are plenty of people who live on this island who like to post about the weather too - yet those posts are being deleted as well.

Anyone who knows me... both in the UK, and here in lanzarote... knows that I am normally the peacemaker. They know that I am the calm one, the one who helps people sort it out. The one who keeps out of situations such as this. Certainly that is the case in my private life - but when this affects my professional life - then it is very much personal.

This has to stop now.

This is a site about the love of Lanzarote - not about egos.

I have written a formal complaint now, as this is a ridiculous and needless situation. If you would like to discuss this with me offline - then do feel free to speak to me via email on elle@gandy-draper.com .

If you would prefer to do it via telephone, or indeed in person, then you will find my details on my website. I have nothing to hide - and will protect this site fiercely, as it is one that I am extremely fond of. This site has introduced me to both Clients and Suppliers, and friends online and offline.

If there is nothing to say, then please say nothing here too, and we will consider it done. I hear you're a successful professional. Well, if that's the case - then lets speak as two professionals - and not have this cluttering up what used to be an informative and unbiased site.

The game and battleground needs to stop.

Elle

PS: Everyone else... This needs to stop from you lot too - and maybe I'll upset people by saying this... but enough really is enough. I would prefer it if this all ended now. By all means, insult me, consult me, swear at me, beat me, laugh at me, thank me... via email etc if you will - but let's stop giving airtime to this subject. I fully appreciate that things are at fever pitch - and yes, some of you are saying laughable too. I've stopped laughing - and I'm not the only one, I know that. Let's get right back to what this site should be all about............. LANZA-BLIMMIN-ROTE!!!

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: December 01, 2006 10:22AM

If we are getting it all out in the open.....

My gripe was the sheer hypocrisy of claiming never to visit other sites yet over a week before announcing on this website the problems they were having, acknowledging on another website that there had been a hacking job carried out. Maybe a small point - but to then get all self righteous and attack other people as naive when all that was required was common sense beggars belief!! For someone that I previously believed I had a half decent relationship as well - maybe I am naive!

I can deal with the public bit - I'm a big boy but the refusal to be grown up about it and the continuous cutting and pasting of these weather reports is pathetic. I have offered an e-handshake or an olive branch or whatever but to no avail.

Like with most things communication is key - it could have prevented any of this happening two weeks ago and it could have prevented any escalation.

I'm big enough to get on with it - ironically are you going to prove you are of more value than your rather apt moniker?

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: December 01, 2006 04:16PM

Or even more grown up everyone resolve differences and live happily ever after...?! Too much to ask?

Posted by: KarenLeeds ()
Date: December 01, 2006 07:02PM

Well said Elle...although I have to admit that I stopped reading halfway because my hangover is so bad that I ended up going cross-eyed (sooo not a good look)!

Changing the subject entirely, the reason I'm hungover is out was out celebrating a new job until 5am, and I have to go out tonight to celebrate my housemate's birthday - at least it'll be cheap night, all I have to do is top up lat night's vino levels!

Date: December 01, 2006 07:10PM

My liver will probably be waving the white flag by midnight!

Re: Chatzone
Date: December 02, 2006 04:36PM

I'm not a bouncer, I'm a club manager. Just been offered job to take over a club in Leeds - crap money, but great company to work for. My housemate's a bouncer, and believe me, she's scary!

Re: Chatzone
Posted by: Lanza13 ()
Date: December 02, 2006 11:24PM

I have to agree with Ellie.

Having been a regular reader of this site to keep up to date with what is going on, i have now registered to agree with what she is trying to say.

You can tell just by reading the text that Ellie is very passionate about the information that is posted on this forum and i am 100% with her.

Let's keep the focus on Lanzarote. smiling smiley

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum