LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Air Conditioning
Posted by: jdennis79 ()
Date: December 23, 2006 11:58PM

Hi,

Has anyone used AC Direct as advertised in the Gazette, for Air Conditioning?

Any other companies you would recommend?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Air Conditioning
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: December 24, 2006 12:21PM

Sorry jdennis79, I can't help on this one. But hopefully someone else will.
It may take a few days though - as a few people have said they're not around until the New Year.
Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year!
Elle x

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: January 09, 2007 10:48AM

Have yopu got aircon elle? Have never considered it - only 2 weeks a year when would prob be necessary - plus electric is so expensive. If villa designed well survive with just a fan!

I know a lot of the people who live there 365 consider it - but we never go in Late July August when it gets too hot so not really an issue.

Date: January 09, 2007 11:07AM

Hi Will. No, we don't have aircon. Haven't needed it so far - although we only had 4 or 5 weeks here when the temperatures were really high. We didn't need it. Just jumped in the pool to cool down. We have a room that's always cool - so we're lucky. We'll see how it goes in the height of summer, and reassess I think. But then I think we'd go for a fan too.

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: January 09, 2007 11:45AM

Hate it!!!!

I avoid it like the plague. It goes straight for my chest (no comments) and I end up with a muggy head etc. Usually gives me a cold as well. I hate it in the car as well.

Its a bit like how I am feeling at the moment with this blasted central heating. I am wearing extra clothes and turning the heating down as I feel smothered. I walk round the garden (between rainshowers) to get some fresh air.

A big thumbs down to air con and central heating.

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: January 09, 2007 12:56PM

When did you move out Elle?

I don't think 2006 reached the heights of 2004 and 2005.

We were out in late Aug Early Sept and the middle weekend was horrific!! Didn't drop below 100F even at night. THe wind dropped - so you know you're in trouble and was horribly hot and sticky.

Apparently August 04 it was like that for several weeks.

Last few cars I've had out there haven't had aircon. Not a prob really - reminded me when we first started going out there and all the cars were fiat pandas with canvas sun rooves!!

Date: January 09, 2007 03:10PM

We came out in September, Will. The temperatures remained in the high 30's for about a month, and then started dropping when the rain came lol. Apparently it was in the lower 40's in August. I know that the locals were telling us that summer didn't normally last as long as it did this year - and they couldn't wait for it to cool down. I was the opposite, and wanted to hang on to it as long as possible. I was loving the midnight dips in the pool. It was 20-22 degrees here today, and I still had a cardigan on in the shade. I certainly wouldn't be without one in the evenings. Oh, and the Jeep doesn't have aircon either. We quite like to feel the warm wind. Plays havoc with Alan's hairdo though! Don't know how he controls it at times.

Lynne... central heating is awful for my chest too. I used to get the mother of all hacking coughs and a chest infection every September/October as the heating went on around the country. This was the first year in 30, when I haven't had that god-awful cough - bliss! Mind you, I did bring a cold back from England with me a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum