Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

iberostar Papagayo
Posted by: eagleson500 ()
Date: December 28, 2006 05:15PM

We are planning a trip to the island and have seen this resort!We will have two children 14 &11 my parents and our selves,is the resort that would be a good choice?
Is the hotel on the beach ? What curancy should we have ?
Any info. would be great!
Jeff

Re: iberostar Papagayo
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: December 30, 2006 07:22PM

I would add to CG's comment by saying bring sterling, or your chequebook and getting it exchanged whilst you're here. I can recommend a good place in the pedestrianised area of Playa Blanca. My fella and I use it all the time. 1.46 euros (1.47 if a cheque) to the pound - and no fees.
It's on the right, as you head towards the old port. It's in a raised up shop and has a big poster outside advertising it's rates. It's actually a cigareete shop, but does money exchange too.
When are you arriving? You'll have a great time!
Hugs, Elle

Posted by: eagleson500 ()
Date: December 31, 2006 06:15PM

Thank you Celtygirl& Elle!
For info!We are allmost 100 percent certain that Lanarote island is were we are going to,we have heard that this Hotel may not have air conditioning in the rooms,I hope to hear from Seamermate in the new year as well!Is there other All inclusive resorts in the area that you have heard of or stayed at that are 4 star,that we should look at? We like clean fairly modern,air condition rooms,on the beach(can be next to a beach)nice restraunts for the all inclusive meals.(more Family/my father likes to sit on the beach with a drink and read a book).The rest of us like to see the islands, snorkel,(my wife loves to shop)the boys love to swim,I would love to golf a day or two as well.I know I need four weeks, not one to truely enjoy the island !
Thank You Again!
Jeff

Date: December 31, 2006 07:55PM

Hi again Jeff.
Have a look at the Rubicon Palace. It's lovely there, and yes is all-inclusive. It's a bit of a hike to the town centre, but the food is excellent. It also backs onto a path that is a very short walk to a beach. The pictures on the link don't actually do it justice.
[www.holidayhotels.com]

Alternatively, if you fancied some real luxury... then go to Princess Yaiza - that has to be seen to be believed. It's closer to the town centre and beach front too. It's close to Playa Dorada, which is a lovely beach.
[www.takethefamily.com]

For golf you need to take a 20 minute drive up to Costa teguise at the moment - and hopefully Will (who's also back in the New Year) can tell you all about that course. I've heard the 18th hole is a favourite with visitors here... but my favourite would be the 19th of course winking smiley

Snorkelling won't be a problem anywhere - as the underwater lanscape is spectacular.

Seamermate will be back soon - and will tell you lots too. But if you need any help with sorting airport transfers, car hire, directions to shops, bars & restaurants etc... then drop me an email on elle@gandy-draper.com

We live in Playa Blanca and are very happy to provide assistance. Or simply post lots of questions on this website - we are all huge fans of Lanzarote - and love to help people plan an amazing holiday!

Happy New Year! Feliz ano nuevo!

Elle xx

Evil Elle!!!!!
Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: January 02, 2007 11:59AM

Naughty Naughty Naughty Eleanor.

Encourage nefarious money lenders and god knows what else!!!!

Under no circumstances bring large amounts of Sterling out with you.
Not only will you alert every Customs type that you might be on the dubious side, but the fact that you will be crapping it about getting mugged all the time.

How much spending money do you need for a week? £400? The difference your own bank and the money lender? About 3 pints!!

Unless you are buying a house or something the difference between your own bank and the dodgy corner shop exchange merchants is negligible.

What currency.....?! Sorry blod pressure rising.
Lanza is in the Eu. They use the euro. They also have cars, hotels, cash points - more in atms on one road in Playa Blanca than the whole of londons west end seemingly.

If you're really clever you will have an alliance and leicester credit or debit card so as not to pay overseas commision.

See www.moneysavingexpert.com for more tips!

Apologies but really can't be arsed to be at work today - need holiday or retirement and a collection of my favourite most stupid lanza questions doesn't get the year off to a great start!!!

Anyway hope you find the above useful - and don't encourage money laundering Elle.

Date: January 02, 2007 01:11PM

tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum