LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
radio trouble
Posted by: megan1 ()
Date: January 03, 2007 04:48PM

Hi everyone, ive recently moved back to lanzarote after being away for a year,im a big radio lover and flick between ukaway and powerfm, i used to listen to scotty silver and jules, but in the two weeks ive been back they seem to have gone, does anyone know where they are...THANKU x x its great to be back

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: radio trouble
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: January 03, 2007 05:39PM

Hi megan. Welcome back to Lanzarote!
PowerFM is still going, and I think Jules has just returned after a break. Try 91.5 in the North, and 91.7 in the South. that's where their website recommends.
[www.powerfmradio.com]
I don't know about ukaway though, I'm afraid!
Must admit - we like Radio 1 online indoors... but do have the local radio on in the car.
Elle x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2007 05:41PM by Elle1971.

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: January 04, 2007 12:14PM

UK away is pretty good too! Well its all relative I spose!! THink it may be around 104ish on the dial. But could be wrong!

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: January 04, 2007 12:14PM

UK away is pretty good too! Well its all relative I spose!! THink it may be around 104ish on the dial. But could be wrong!

Posted by: scotty ()
Date: January 06, 2007 01:00PM

Hola megan, im still about, just spent christmas in the uk.
Im not on ukaway anymore but i do a mon-fri show on powerfm 8-11pm, so will be glad to play any request or dedication that you have. 91-92fm
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Date: January 09, 2007 02:16PM

Jojim hi, yes jules has now left lanzarote, but cause of technology he still manages to do the occasional show on powerfm from back in ireland.

Posted by: megan1 ()
Date: February 02, 2007 01:54AM

Hi again, sorry to be a pain but still havent been able to hear you scotty,i did look at the power fm website, but couldnt see anything..Help

Date: February 04, 2007 02:33PM

Hola again megan, sorry uve been in abit of a kerfuffle, im not on the radio at the mo, infact im not sure when i will be again, i think powerfm is a great commercial station with some good guys onboard and big money backers like barclays for instance, and although 90% of stations are the same in the uk,when u have a good knowledge of music but have to stick to a playlist and read a couple of bits off a website the fun element had gone for me, i think that is why ukawayfm and radio caroline are so unique, they encourage the djs personality to shine through via music and interaction with the listener, maybe in the nr future i can get back on ukaway in some shape or form, but at the mo im chilling,....nice to know u enjoyed the shows cyaaaaaaaaaaa scotty

Date: April 16, 2007 03:13PM

Just to let you know im back on ukaway weekdays 4-6pm, be good to hear from you

Regards

scotty

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum