LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Recommendations...Accomodation
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: January 06, 2007 01:19PM

OK guys and gals... where do you all stay when you come here on holiday? Which are the best (and the worst) hotels, apartments or villas you have sampled?

I'm sure that new visitors to the Island would like to know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recommendations...Accomodation
Posted by: KarenLeeds ()
Date: January 06, 2007 04:45PM

Always stay at the PUerto Tahiche in CT - clean, great staff, central location...I love it.

Posted by: pc1563 ()
Date: January 07, 2007 06:06PM

Hi

We stay at The Hotel San Antonio - excellent hotel.

Haven't a bad word to say about it - was there 10-17th Dec 06; counting the days until we go back !!

Posted by: naisygriff ()
Date: January 08, 2007 04:15PM

Hi, I would be realy gratefull also for any information re: where to go, which resort, accomodation.
Want to go in March, early (young) 40's couple, new relationship, want local culture, local cuisine, quiet/chilled but nightlife there if wanted. Want to visit national park and may get a car.
Should we get package, or flight only?
Any recomendations gratefully received.
Been to Fueteventura and the German resorts seemed to have the best facilities!
Ta naisguk@yahoo.co.uk

Date: January 08, 2007 04:53PM

I can only speak for Playa Blanca, but it has gorgeous beaches, excellent restaurants, a new posh marina and much much more. It's quieter than the older resorts... which is lovely. But is only a 20 minute cab ride to Puerto del Carmen for really bustling nightlife if you did fancy the change. It also tends to be a couple of degrees warmer here than the rest of the island too. It's also about a 15 minuten drive from Timanfaya Park. Need I go on lol?

Shop around for a cheap flight. We recommend www.skyscanner.net and use it for all our friends' and families' flights.

Then have a look at www.lanzarotelates.com for a great range of villas. We know the owners personally, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Hopefully you'll get lots more people posting here for you, so you can compare it all.

Good luck... Elle x

Posted by: naisygriff ()
Date: February 10, 2007 11:29AM

Thanks guys for info.

Posted by: **Kelly** ()
Date: February 10, 2007 07:02PM

the past two times iv been wev stayed at the balcon del mar really friendly and helpful staff all around smiling smiley

kelly x

Date: February 11, 2007 11:37PM

Stop it stop it stop it Josie! You're winding me up now! Don't you know how much I want to stay at the Princesa Yaiza!??!?! tongue sticking out smileytongue sticking out smileytongue sticking out smiley It's just lovely! Oh well, there[s always the Euromillions!

Charlie & CG. Glad you said go up Cardiac Hill and turn left! If you turn right (that's if Cardiac hill is the one I think it is. Galleon Pub on left... turn left at next junction)... anyway... yes... if you turn right at the top, then you may end up in a hellhole of an apartment like we did when we first hit the Island. I don't know the name of them... but they were vile. Small, poky, no aircon, dirty, smelly & riddled with cockroaches (not the man-beating kind that did Alan this evening thankfully). Thank God we were only there for only 2 days.

Ok.... here's one for you... If you go up Cardiac Hill... turn left, and head for that roundabout close to the Biosfera. What are those apartments on the right there? Are they the ones you mean? Because they look lovely. I always comment on those.

Puerto Calero is really nice too. We nearly moved there instead of Playa Blanca. If Alan's mate had his way, we would've done. Wouldn't change where we are though. Ooh, maybe for Femes maybe... or like Will has mentioned - those large villas on the side of Montana Roja just before you get to the Rubicon Palace.

Drea-ea-ea-eam.... dream dream dream dream!

Date: February 12, 2007 03:30PM

Lol Charlie... you may be onto something with the license plate numbers winking smiley

Yes, I think they were those apartments. Must've gone downhill in the last 4 years.

Glad you enjoyed your 2002, hon! UEFA next!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum