LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
evening entertainment
Posted by: moira5 ()
Date: January 11, 2007 06:09PM

we have booked to go to lanzarote staying in las velasquez apartments on the beach at the edge of puerto de carmen on way to los picollos. the apartments we are staying in have no evening entertainment. we have three chidlren, age 12.10 and 8 years, does any know of a hotel/apartment complex/bar where we could go in the evenings with some good entertainment/live music on to pass away the evening,

id appreciate any advice you could give

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: evening entertainment
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: January 11, 2007 07:35PM

There's plenty of Puerto Del Carmen fans here moira.. I'm sure you'll get all the answers you need.
have a good holiday!

Posted by: biffa ()
Date: January 15, 2007 12:35AM

not a chance i'm afraid so be prepared to have some very bored kids on your hands. There are places with live entertainment but nothing that will suit the kids i'm afraid.

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: January 15, 2007 11:08AM

Ditto

We made our own entertainment - sorry if that is not the PC or restaurant and tending to sunburn then bed!!

Date: January 15, 2007 04:51PM

Not quite sure what happened there!! Pretty sure what I wrote made sense - seemed to have lost a sentence or two!

Was trying to say after a day at the beach, sailing, swimming etc then bbq or a restaurant we wouldn't need entertainment!

Certainly didn't hang around in bars aged 7 - have plenty of time now am in my 30s to do that!

Date: January 15, 2007 06:08PM

Err pretty sure we did beach, swimming, tennis etc every day!!! Plenty of different beaches to explore.

Throw in trips to the volcanoes, Arrieta, Golfo, Mirador del rio, Manriques house (though prob bit boring for younger kids) then you've got a holiday sorted!

Date: January 16, 2007 12:00PM

Not all Irish are alcoholics!!!!

Date: January 16, 2007 01:14PM

Easy people.....!!!!

Think we need to reassess what the original question was which was evening entertainment.

I must admit that I wouldn't know what constitutes evening entertainment for children these days.

Normally evening meals took up most of the evening from literally the age we could sit at the table - very occaisionally we would head into the hotels - but not really our thing.

I certainly have seen the families - from the baby in the pram to the toddlers and 5 year olds running through the pubs - and being provacative have made several enquiries to parents what the hell they were doing in the early hours with their kids still up.

Anyway being childfree for the mo I certainly enjoy my time in the bars now as there will be no way I'll be taking kids of the age some do into them. Maybe just have to find a decent baby sitter!!

Not sure what the hiking boots are for Charley - majority of places on that list are beaches!!!

Date: January 16, 2007 02:13PM

Kids obviously aren't beaten as much as we were in the 70s!!!!!!

Times very different - we still laugh about the times when us kids were put to bed in Eurocamp tents, my parents aged prob my age, slipped out for sneaky pint and returned to find various of their offspring walking the campsite.

We laugh but would probably have had kids taken off them now!

Personally I put it down to family meals - now majority of British kids are fed in record time so they have the rest of the evening to kill.

On holiday our evening meal was the entertainment - would normally stretch from 7 to 10, then promenade at the sea front for an ice cream if we'd been good then bed!!!

Date: January 17, 2007 12:38AM

Now now now people!
Have to giggle along with our mate Charlie! But!!! I have huge reservations about the speedos (no pics posted on here please love!) I also don't understand the adult/child dynamic. I just have Alan's boys to chat with - but they do keep me stimulted. Yes, we talk politics, religion... al those emotive subjects.
They surprise and endear themselves to me more every day!

Date: January 17, 2007 10:28AM

Interesting - if you are so minted how come you don't have your own villa where you can pay to have the entertainment come to you?

Massive apologies Charley - I must admit originally I thought you were one of those benefit scrounging chavs who planned to park the children in Maccie Ds for 2 weeks whilst drinking themselves stupid!

Date: January 17, 2007 11:53PM

There's one in the Marina at Playa Blanca. not long opened either - so if you go... then please do let us know what it's like.

Personally I can't abide bowling (too many years of being told to organise "team-building" events there)... but I know I'm in the minority and lots of people love it.

Enjoy!

Date: January 19, 2007 10:47AM

I'm the opposite - have always gone to PB as an adult and as a child - always found PDC a bit grotty!!!

So what do your kids do in PDC that they can't do in PB? And vice versa?

At the end of the day the main reason people go to Lanza is for the weather and beaches - and in my opinion PB wins on both counts - the PDC area better for getting to the quieter beaches up at Arrieta and Famara.

Only thing PDC has "going" for it is a much livlier night life - but then that shouldn't be relevant for school age kids! As an adult I just jump in a cab there and back.

Probably more budget accomodation in PDC and CT but as everyone on this thread is so rich apparently why should they need to slum it?!

Date: January 19, 2007 05:55PM

If you want to become a grandmother this time next year let your daughters out unaccompanied in the Centro Atlantico. The delightful barmen and bouncers run a book who can s**g the youngest girl each year.

Think am getting prudish in my old age - but am serious.

Date: January 19, 2007 06:09PM

I thought Charlie was male. Oops... sorry!

Date: January 19, 2007 09:06PM

I do like my food, and yes my wine too (usually in quantities that it shouldn't be lol). But a good ole knees up never hurt anyone either. Oh apart from me... because I always manage to fall over on the zig-zag home after another great night at Rooftops. Surely I'm getting too old for all that? Nahhh!

One place I'm yet to try is the Old Town of PDC. I'm sure we'll head up there at some point though.

Date: January 20, 2007 12:36AM

Oh god... don't talk Black Lace! I'll have "ballroom blitz" stuck in my head all night now! Thanks for nowt! tongue sticking out smiley

Yes, lots of nice eateries. We really must take a break and go try some. But we've had a fantastic January work-wise... so will be treating ourselves very soon. And yes, of course I'll be writing a review the next day!

Date: January 20, 2007 04:54PM

Ah yes, it WAS Sweet! My mjistake.

Grrrrr at Agadoo - yup... well and truly stuck now!

Charlie - there's a gokarting place up by PDC. Haven't been there myself yet, but apparently our mate's boy loved it. He's always nagging to go back.

Date: January 22, 2007 10:43AM

Err Elle when is rooftops ever full?!!

Much preferred its old name tho!!! Ockalocka! Can remember how spelt properly or what it means!!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum