LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Whats a good beer and wine in Lanz??
Posted by: jaykay1 ()
Date: February 05, 2007 12:26PM

hi

havin never been to the island before and planning to go this year!
can you give me some info on this..... many thanks
JK

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Whats a good beer and wine in Lanz??
Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: February 05, 2007 01:20PM

How long is a piece of string!!!!

What do you like? How much can you spend? Beer and wine is basically exactly the same as what you would get on mainland spain plus the addition of some local wines which are not always to everyones taste!

Posted by: jaykay1 ()
Date: February 05, 2007 01:24PM

something on the lines of carlsberg in beer
Cheers
JK

Date: February 05, 2007 01:42PM

Well you'll probably be able to get Carlsberg!! Tho Cruzcampo, Dorada cheaper.

Lager is lager at the end of the day!

Wine - basically try any spanish stuff from supermarkets over here - Torres, Campo Viejo etc and you will be able to get at half price in lanza.

Posted by: scotty ()
Date: February 05, 2007 02:08PM

Try and avoid cruzcampo, unless u have a frosted glass, dorada has a taste u will love or hate, tropicals ok estrella if u like the taste of stella is a goodie, as for white wines, san valetin is popular as is vina sol, reds i gotta agree sangre de torre is nice and campo viejo, none of the wines should cost u more than 4 euros for a bottle.......im thirsty now cya

Date: February 05, 2007 06:51PM

I have only had cruzcampo at Teguise golf club, frozen glasses and was delicious.

Have had Cruzcampo at other places and not so good - but more a reflection on how bar owners clean there lines I imagine than on the actual quality of the booze originally.

Posted by: marco971 ()
Date: February 07, 2007 11:41AM

beer: Tropical & Dorada for me, but also stuff alike cruzcampo or riders could be good for a strong sorrow (or gasoline too....)!
wine: mainland spain wines are fines, 4 esample torres viña sol for white or Siglo for red. but I prefer local wines: for me the best white is Bermejo seco and Mozaga Diego buta are not so easy to find on supermarkets.Try also Mozaga red. if you like rosè wines (rosado-pink), the best for me it's Vega de Yuco. Drink & drive, it's the easier way to hell !!!! winking smiley

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: February 08, 2007 12:56AM

If you like Pinot Grigio (I do!), then then give the following 2 a try. You can get them in Hiperdino and Spar (unless I get in there first!). I've also seen them for sale in a few bars... although obviously marked up by quite a hefty margin. When I found out one bar owner was charging €10 for a bottle, I told him I'd give him €3 and he should be grateful lol. Mind you, he's now a mate... and has offered to get us a crate of them at €1 a bottle. Hmmm... not a good idea to have that much in the house at one time. winking smiley

Castillo de Liria (Green labelled one is best. Orange label is a bit sweeter)
Pinton (Pale green label)

They both sell for around €1.20 in the supermarkets!!! And before anyone calls me a heathen for drinking cheap plonk... If it tasted good, and is so cheap - then it's ok by me!grinning smiley

PS: At Christmas we found the Green Label Castillo de Liria on offer in Asda at 3 for a tenner. That's four times the price - but still more than reasonable, and at least you can try if before you arrive. winking smiley

Beerwise. I like Dorada, love San Miguel, but haven't tried this Cruzcampo one. Is that Spanish for a Gay Cross? tongue sticking out smiley

Happy sipping!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum