LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
lanzarote - puerto del carmen STAY AWAY
Posted by: redrob ()
Date: February 09, 2007 02:33PM

After spending 2 weeks in Costa Teguise I visited Puerto Del Carmen for 2 weeks. BIG MISTAKE!

This place is the drugs capital of any Canary Island I have been too - most clubs are visited by pushers and the local mafia at set times - the police are on the take and many people trying to get you into clubs are constantly rubbing their noses from cocaine abuse. The whole drugs cartel is sponsored by a restaurant chain owner; if you can't see it then you must be blind.

Also the drainage system is crap when it rains - the whole sea front esplanade was covered in sanitary towles and human excremant after one day of rain and wasn't cleared for 5 days!

BRITS - Stay AWAY from Lanzarote until the Spanish decide to improve conditions and remove the island scumbags. Better still hope for a volcanic eruption to remove the whole island from the earth.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2007 02:35PM by redrob.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: lanzarote - puerto del carmen STAY AWAY
Posted by: trev1865 ()
Date: February 09, 2007 02:53PM

take it you dont like it here then redrob!!
seriously, if anyones taken in by this silly rant then just look at some other posts on lanzarote forums..99% of which positive

Posted by: Madstock ()
Date: February 09, 2007 02:53PM

You sound very bitter Redrob, did you have an unpleasant incident while you were in PDC?

Keith.

Posted by: pete ()
Date: February 09, 2007 03:01PM

I hate PdC, but many seem to like.
What I would like to know is:
"This place is the drugs capital of any Canary Island I have been too" - which Islands and which resorts are you comparing to?

"most clubs are visited by pushers and the local mafia" - is the "club" scene much different in any resort, anywhere, that tries to attract the under 25s?

"the police are on the take" - is there evidence (first hand), or just hearsay after a couple of drinks?

"many people trying to get you into clubs are constantly rubbing their noses from cocaine abuse." - Just hope it wasn't a simple cold they had!!!!

"The whole drugs cartel is sponsored by a restaurant chain owner;" - do you know who and what evidence is that based on?

"Also the drainage system is crap when it rains - the whole sea front esplanade was covered in sanitary towles and human excremant after one day of rain" - Think that is one of the unpleasant FACTS of PdC.

Posted by: Celtygirl ()
Date: February 09, 2007 03:04PM

I think that's a bit harsh Rob, it's a bit like saying stay away from Ibiza because of San Antonio!!!! You must have like Costa Teguise if you came back to the island for a second time.

I think, though, that the council agree that the strip in PDC needs some major attention and have been drawing up some ambitious plans to sort it out.

Sorry you had a rubbish hiliday, but don't let that put you off the rest of the island.

C
x

Posted by: redrob ()
Date: February 09, 2007 03:10PM

I do like the island - volcano tour - rancho texas - old harbour etc. but the needs of the many are quickly being lead by the short term quick fixes of the few. I stand by my comments above and would still urge Brits to stay away until the place is sorted - and sorted in the correct meaning of the word!

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: February 09, 2007 03:12PM

Hi Redrob. I'm very sorry that you had an awful holiday. And to reinforce what everyone has said... Did you have a personal nasty experience? Yes, the rumours are rife about "he who shall not be named", but unfortunately no proof has been put forward as yet.

As with many built up, busy resorts... there is a drugs' scene. But fortunately most people don't come across it.

We are aware of it in many resorts, but have never had it shoved in our faces, so to speak.

Please don't dismiss the whole of Lanzarote on what has been a bad experience for you. Maybe give Costa Teguise another go - or try Playa Blanca instead.

Celtygirl is right when she says that the council is going to invest. Yes, they have put aside a huge amount of money to imrpove the drainage system, and pavements of both Puerto del Carmen and Costa Teguise. This work has already started... and should improve things dramatically.

Don't give up on us hon! And I'd rather not have a volcano remove my clean, well-drain-supplied and happy home. winking smiley

Posted by: Oz ()
Date: February 09, 2007 03:21PM

Wow, is this the same PDC I have been to for the past 10 years. Admitted I don't go clubbing although I did pop down the strip on my mates birthday a couple of years ago and visited one of the more 'lively' joints. No drugs on show that night.
Wouldn't like to put people off the Island because of redrob's experience no matter how convinced he is.
I'm pretty sure that the tourist board would be onto this like a shot if drugs were as prevalent as indicated.
I hope the restaurant chain referred to isn't Lanis :-)

Date: February 09, 2007 03:26PM

redrob, you make a statement, so would appreciate if you coul answer my questions?

Posted by: cyfrin ()
Date: February 09, 2007 03:32PM

Altho' I feel you have been a bit harsh redrob, I do agree that it is not the best place in Lanza! But the island has so much more to offer than just that one area. You can have the most perfect holiday there without even going near PdC!

Cyfrin aka Dottie

Everywhere you go always take the weather with you - Crowded House
msn.groups.com/ExperienceLanzarote

There were no trees destroyed in sending this message.....but a few million electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Date: February 09, 2007 03:51PM

I wouldn't say redrob is being "harsh", if his comments are based on fact.
One fact he states, which is known to anyone who has been in PdC after rainfall, is the drainage problem and the raw sewage in the street. People scream about it when they visit under-developed Countries, but seem to accept it in PdC, up to now.
I would still like to know:
"This place is the drugs capital of any Canary Island I have been too" - which Islands and which resorts are you comparing to?

"most clubs are visited by pushers and the local mafia" - is the "club" scene much different in any resort, anywhere, that tries to attract the under 25s?

"the police are on the take" - is there evidence (first hand), or just hearsay after a couple of drinks?

"many people trying to get you into clubs are constantly rubbing their noses from cocaine abuse." - Just hope it wasn't a simple cold they had!!!!

"The whole drugs cartel is sponsored by a restaurant chain owner;" - do you know who and what evidence is that based on?

Also, as much as I like Lanza, including Arrieta, Haria, PB, I can't say that all can have "the most perfect holiday there", even if you don't go near PdC.

Posted by: malva ()
Date: February 09, 2007 05:27PM

Re drugs, its the same as any other place, if people are prepared to buy drugs then there is always somebody prepared to supply them.

Posted by: charlie farley ()
Date: February 09, 2007 05:51PM

I've been "High" many times in PDC.............on that lovely fresh air.Tee-Hee!

Posted by: **Kelly** ()
Date: February 09, 2007 09:31PM

....yet i still love the place! and am gonni keep on going bak smiling smiley smiling smiley

kelly x x

Posted by: AlanB ()
Date: February 09, 2007 11:01PM

ive been to lanzarote about 15 times
after going to greece,spain,egypt,i always missed puerto del carmen
we now have many friends in pdc and travel there every 6-8 weeks
my fiance and i love the place so much we purchased a villa in los mojones.
and will eventually live there full time

i think it is true you either love the place or hate it,
but i know many people who feel the same as me and we meet up several times throughout the year.

i have never come acoss drugs in lanzarote
or ever even spoken to a policeman
and find the locals very friendly.

playa blanca and costa teguise are great places also

it will always for me be the best regardless of anyone elses opinion.

Posted by: trev1865 ()
Date: February 10, 2007 01:22PM

alanb i agree 100 per cent with everything you said.
pete in 4 yrs ive never seen raw sewage in the streets.
how anyone can hate pdc is beyond me.

Date: February 10, 2007 01:49PM

Drove through PdC and "it" in December 2005 and January 2006

Posted by: pc1563 ()
Date: February 10, 2007 03:36PM

All our family are lovers of Lanzarote and PDC.

If your attitude is as your comments suggest, I suggest you stay away from PDC and find somewhere else to go moan about.

How anyone can not fall in love with PDC is beyond me - been many times and in all our visits there, which have included many to the bars and nightlife of PDC, have never seen any drug pushing. Yes if you want them I am sure you can find them, but they are not pushed into your face.

Will defo not take your advice and stay away from PDC, infact going in June, July and December!!!

PDC - best place on earth!!!

Posted by: Madstock ()
Date: February 10, 2007 05:34PM

I for one would have thought that Redrob having made such damming statements would jump at the chance to answer Pete's questions.
I would still like to know if you had an unfortunate incident while you were there.

Keith.

Posted by: **Kelly** ()
Date: February 10, 2007 07:00PM

yeah its really weird how he's now avoiding your quesions... hmm strange..

kelly x

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum