LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
costa teguise july 07
Posted by: twinklekaz2000 ()
Date: February 17, 2007 11:19PM

Hi,
I am going to puerto Tahiche apartments in costa teguise on 5th July with my husband and 2 girls aged 8 and 5.
any recommendations on places to take the girls would be helpful. Anyone else stayed in the same apartments? We are thinking of hiring a car.
karen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: costa teguise july 07
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: February 18, 2007 12:20AM

Loads for you to do ...I´ll start the list off and no doubt others will follow

Punta Jabillo beach in CT is really safe for little ones as it is a sheltered cove.

Ranch Texas in PDC

Bird Park in the North of island

Lanzarote a caballo in Uga (between PDC and Pcool smiley if they like horses.

Couple of boat orientated things in Puerto Calero (submarine etc) but youngest might be a little young.

Or they could even come to SARA Animal shelter one morning (five mins by car from CT) and walk some dogs or play with the kittens.

Have fun!

Date: February 18, 2007 12:29AM

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for the info.

Do you go to lanzarote a lot? I was in perto del carmen for a week a few years ago. we went up the volcano which was good.
I heard costa teguise is better.
thats all we did, this time we go for 2 weeks so we can see more. Is there a water park?
karen

Date: February 18, 2007 02:06AM

I live here Twinkle.

Horses for courses on which is better......CT is quieter but still plenty to do. It´s not as stretched out as PDC. PDC has the prom or The Strip as it´s called locally and the Old Town and not much else inland. CT still has a long beachfront but the shops etc are more inland and it has more of a town centre to it. PDC has a lot more night life, especially for teens and early 20´s but there are still places in CT for a night out. Plenty of bars and restaurants (some with entertainment) but you will have an entertainment programme in your apartments as well. You can always go into any apartment block or hotel to watch their entertainment. Provided you purchase drinks, they don´t seem to mind.

Re the water park.

This is situated just outside CT on the road to the golf course, Cesar Manrique foundation and subsequently SARA. Walkable but might be a bit much for the youngest.
Varying reports. Some say they had a great time and others say it was expensive for what it is. I´ve never been so can´t comment personally. It doesn´t look as big as some I´ve seen from the outside.

There is a small market in CT on a Thursday from about 10am til 3pm. Mostly locally produced crafts and homegrown veggies etc. There is also one on a Friday evening. Both markets are in a little square in the centre of the town.

Plenty of reasonable sized supermarkets and most do a few British bits if you are going self catering. You will be able to get baked beans, fish fingers, chicken nuggets, sliced bread etc to keep the kids happy. Also, the restaurants are very child orientated so always plenty for them to choose from.

CT can be a little breezy but in July you will be very thankful for it as it keeps the temps down. Don´t be fooled into thinking the sun isn´t as hot. Still pile on the high factor as the breeze gives you a false sense of security and you will burn!!!

Hope this helps

Lynne

Date: February 18, 2007 09:40PM

Hi lynne,

Thanks for the info. What about the caves? Are they worth going to?

Have you lived in CT long?

What about puerto Tahiche hotel and apts have you heard anything about it?
karen

Date: February 18, 2007 10:23PM

Hi celtygirl,
Have you been a lot to lanzarote? Yes i get factor 30 spray for the kids.
When do you go back or do you stay there?
i go on 5th July, I can't wait
How many kids have you?
karen

Posted by: bernadette ()
Date: February 20, 2007 08:18PM

Hi Karen

I think you will find that you have made a good chioce of apartments to stay. There is entertainment in the evening that the little ones can join in. Two pools, one that is quite child friendly and a small arcade area. Easy access to the beach and restaurants.

We arn't as fortunate as Lynne to live there but we do get out as often as possible. We have stayed in these appartments on several occasions when we have had our Grandchildren with us. They really enjoyed Texas Rancho, def worth going to and there is a free bus to get there and back.

We did find that it is not worth going to the water park unless the children are really good swimmers and also there is not a lot of shade so you need to take lots of sun cream if you do decide to go.

Bernadette

Date: February 20, 2007 08:38PM

Hi Bernadette,

Thanks for the information. It sounds like Texas rancho is worth a visit. What is there? I have heard a few people say the water partk isnt worth it. When is the last time you were there? Have you plans to go again?
we are thinking of hiring a car is there anywhere else worth going t while we have the car. we fancy going to playa blanca.
karen

Posted by: cazza ()
Date: February 20, 2007 08:44PM

ranch texas is a must if you have kids day time the kids will love the animals and if you go to the cowboy night you will enjoy it and so will the kids.we went to the water park last sept with grandchildren 9 and 12 they loved it spent the whole day there and we found it well worth it.

Date: February 21, 2007 07:16PM

Hi Karen,
We went 10 times last year.
We started this year there seeing in the new year on the beach in Costa Teguise. We will be going as many times as we can possibly manage again this year. Our children have grown up and our third Grandchild is due next weekend but as soon as the baby is born we will be thinking of booking a family holiday.
We do now tend to book Flights and accommodation separate but always look at what bargains if any the travel agents are offering.
At Texas Rancho there are Crocodiles, Tigers, Horses, Snakes, Parrots and several side shows. They keep you entertained. You can also get some thing to eat and drink and there is a Souvenir shop.
I love having a day in Playa Blanca but the children might not agree. There is a market on Wednesday, some of the same items that you get on the Teguise market but also some unusual items. Plenty of designer shops as well, You can get the coach form Last Minute Travel for 10 euros for this trip.
We have never hired a car, But we have been all around the Island by bus, coach or taxi. One of my favourite places to visit is Ceaser Manriques House, built inside a volcano we think well worth the trip.
I also enjoy a shopping trip into Arrecife, were you will find any nice places to eat and drink.
Bernadette

Date: February 24, 2007 05:09PM

Hi Bernadette,

That sounds interesting a house inside a volcano, whereabouts is that?
what about costa teguise is there any good places worth taking the girls. eg nice restaurants with play areas etc
karen

Date: February 24, 2007 09:05PM

Thanks celtygirl,
it looks good. worth a visit.
where are you from? I live near glasgow in scotland.
when are you going back to lanzarote?
karen

Date: February 24, 2007 11:39PM

Do you have kids celtygirl? It is good to find out if there are any restaurants with play areas or play parks etc.

karen

Date: February 25, 2007 09:15PM

Hi karen,

Ceaser Manreque's house is in Teguise, about 10mins drive from Costa Teguise.

There are lots of really nice restaurants in Costa Teguise all of them making children welcome and have children's menus
There is one you will find call The Jug and Platter(British dishes), it has a bouncing castle and play area.
on the main strip you will find a play area that fronts of several restaurants, where you will find a variety of food for sale from traditional Spanish to Chinese, Indian and English. The play area is quite safe my grandchildren loved it.
We prefer to eat traditional dishes and our Grandchildren who are 4 and 6 have tried many of the local dishes and have really enjoyed them.
I am sure you will find something to suit, happy eating
Bernadette

Date: February 25, 2007 10:04PM

Hi Jojim,
no I think it must be another twinkle, though i have been looking at other lanza sites. I live in old kilpatrick which is near glasgow. where in lanzarote have you been?
karen

Date: February 25, 2007 10:09PM

Hi Bernadette,

Thanks for the info. It's good to know there are some places we might get to relax while the kids ply. This will be our last holiday for a few years so we want to make the most of it. I like to try some local food. I love the canarian potatoes. I am not keen on sea food, thats the only thing.
when is your new grandchild due? That will be lovely. I work with 3-5 year oldsin a nursery. I love it.
karen

Date: February 27, 2007 08:19PM

Hi Karen
New Grandchild due this Sat 3rd March and I an't wait.
I have run my own playgroup for the past 15 years and simply adore children. However I have just changes my job and I now work as a family support officer with children with special needs. A very rewarding job except for the restrictions to my Holidays.
However we plan to get back to Lanzarote A.S.A.P
Try the British Cafe, they do a very good breakfast, Jude can tell you that. Also it is located in a good spot if the children get a little bored, they can play safely near by and its on your way to The Jug and Platter.
Enjoy your holiday.
I will report on my Grandchild as soon as she is born.
Bernadette

Date: February 27, 2007 08:47PM

Hi Bernadette,

Where are you from?
How many children have you got? What restrictions do you have to your holidays in your job? I work term time so I get all the school holidays. what part of lanzarote will you go to when you go?

do you use msn or yahoo instant messangers?
karen

Date: February 28, 2007 12:07AM

Sorry to nit pick but Cesar Manriques house is in Tahiche not Teguise, Bernadette.

Twinkle : if you are hiring a car you need to find the road out of Costa Teguise that goes inland towards Tahiche/San Bartolome.
Half a mile up that road on the left is the water park and another half a mile, again on the left, is the Golf Club. Continue on that road for about 1 more mile and you will come to a roundabout with a big metalic wind mobile. Go straight across and 100 yards on the right is Cesar Manrique foundation (house built into the lava flow) on the right. Continue on that road and SARA animal shelter is 500 yards on your left.

Well that is day one sorted..........LOL

Date: February 28, 2007 12:58AM

Thanks lynne,
where in lanzarote do you live? were you born there or have you worked there long?
Is the weather good all year long?
sorry about all the questions. what do you work at?
I wish i lived somewhere hot. never mind the time will fly and we will be there before too long.
Have you been to the cactus garden? that looks interesting.
karen

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum