LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Proposing in Lanzarote - venue ideas!
Posted by: mikeparsons84 ()
Date: February 26, 2007 12:24AM

Hi all!

I am going to Lanzarote - staying at Sands Beach villas / apartments on the w/c 11th March and am looking to propose to my partner while over there. However I am stumped for choices!?

I fancied a place called LagOMar, which I first thought (according to Expedia) was a restaurant in the middle of a volcano, where food is cooked on hot volcanic rocks, but it doesn't seem this way. Jameos del Agua looks nice, but I want somewhere which is such a memorable place to pop the question she will remember forever!

Any ideas welcome. Please state towns is poss etc, distance from Costa Teguise, where we will be staying.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Proposing in Lanzarote - venue ideas!
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: February 26, 2007 12:33AM

The place up in Timafaya Volcano park is (I think) El Diablo.

I hope she says yes! Good .luck hon!

Date: February 26, 2007 12:40AM

Thanks Si, that looks good!

Elle, aww thanks!! Are taxi's fairly cheap. As I would imagine from Costa Teguise to Timafaya would be around 40kms away?

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: February 26, 2007 11:26AM

Hire a car!!! Only cost about £70 for the week. Not exaclty super romantic taking the missus on a coach tour packed full of scuzzy holidaymakers before proposing.

My top 10:

1) Femes - 30-45 min drive towards Playa Blanca - outside the church on a clear dusk evening as the sun sets over Ace Ventura. Awesome view - followed by dinner at Emilianos.

2) Papagayo - make the missus a picnic, pop in a bottle of bubbles and find a secluded beach somewhere - if you pick the right beach you could even propose in the buff!!!

3) Top of the red mountain in Playa Blanca. Get your trainers on and drag the missus up the Montana Roja in PB at dawn, with bubbles and fresh orange juice in the your rucksack. 30 minute walk but so worth it at the top.

4) Isle of Graciosa (v quiet Island with no cars on about half a mile of northern tip of Lanza 30 min drive to ferry - book one of the 2 guest houses - get the ferry from Orzola and when all the plebs get the return ferry you will have the place to yourself to do the deed.

Erm - will have to think of 6 others!!!

El Diablo wouldn't be my shout as horribly busy full of nasty tourist coach trips - not really my thing and wouldn't call it romantic by any stretch of the imagination. Great for a trip though.

Ditto Mirador - superb views but generally phenomanlly busy plus v. windy so when you shout your intentions more than likely to have 2 fat lasses from Sunderland and several Germans taking you up on your offer.

Date: February 26, 2007 02:02PM

Has cafe del mar improved yet? Normally mixture of late 20s early 30s types looking for the real cafe del mar mixing with mid 50s types who had read about the Ibizan version and wanted to be a trendy, with incredibly surly "we're too cool for School" type staff and overloud music (even at lunch time!!!)

Date: February 27, 2007 03:24PM

Not a very romantic lot are you!!!! We've had a couple of restaurant suggestions and thats it!!! Not very demanding ladies are you all - or inventive chaps!

If we're not careful poor Mike will be dropping to one knee in the coach park of the fire mountain!

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: February 28, 2007 12:14AM

You could always book the sunset cruise on the catamaran but if you are feeling flush and want something a bit more private you could always charter one of the luxury yachts out of Puerto Calero.

Maybe take a stroll out to the castle in the bay in Arrecife at sunset and propose on the battlements (if you can get up there) or take a helicopter ride and ask her hovering over a volcano.

I would be quite happy to sit on a near deserted beach at midnight with the sound of the waves lapping on the shore. Its not where you are but who you are with that counts!!

Date: February 28, 2007 12:18AM

Will2 + Jude and everyone else, thanks so much for your valuable input! I'm looking into these ideas now!

I have loads to choose from now! I like the idea of a nice restaurant and breath taking views.

Jude, planning a bit fat diamond now! Taking a trip up to London at the weekend where they will make me a ring. I like the idea of sex on the beach though....do they serve it in many bars!!!!? hehe

Will2, awaiting your 6 other places...only joking buddy, thats more than enough!

Seamermate, thanks for including the photo of Graciosa, it looks pretty, as Lisa would say hehe!

Thanks guys and girls, i shall keep you posted - with lots of photos on my return!!!

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: February 28, 2007 12:21AM

Hey Mike.........we are only hedging for an invite to the shindig afterwards

Date: February 28, 2007 12:25AM

Of course, I shall let you know where will be getting drunk to celebrate...hopefully!

winking smiley

Date: February 28, 2007 10:29AM

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Cool diamonds were excellent - remember virtually all decent reputable Hatton Garden places you will need to make an appointment and most not open on Saturdays.

This was an excellent article - certainly helped me!!

Plus under no circumstances buy on the high street!! We looked at Mappin and Webb etc to get an idea of styles then prompltly went off to Hatton Garden and paid 1/3 of the price.

High st jewellers will generally try to get you to buy there existing stock, most hatton garden places will make it up and will take 2 to 4 weeks for it to be ready.

Jude may want the largest diamond - but colour is the most important - D, E or at worst F colour - any other and you can see it. Between 0.5 and 0.75 with the best colour and you won't go far wrong.

Date: February 28, 2007 01:51PM

Thanks mate,

Yeah, for example I have seen quite a few in high street shops, just to compare prices. For around 500 you can get 18carat gold and .25 diamond, which will take 29 days!!!!

A shop in hatton garden, for 555 they quoted me for a .39 carat (vs2 though) diamond with 18carat gold, which shows the price difference, which could be made ready for next weekend.

Date: February 28, 2007 01:59PM

Nothing wrong with VS2! Colour counts for more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum