LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Moped hire and weather
Posted by: Griff0411 ()
Date: April 04, 2007 10:04AM

Hi, i'm travelling to lanza in november this year and was interested in finding out what the weather is like during Nov and also if some one could confirm a rough price for hiring mopeds for the week.

Thanks
Griff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Moped hire and weather
Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: April 04, 2007 10:11AM

Weather normally superb in Nov - though apparently not great last year or two. Have been going out in Nov for 5 years previous to that and was stunning.

Don't know where you would get a moped or the cost - and rather you than me, the locals aren't the greatest drivers.
A budget car would cost you £70 tops for a week then so would assume cheaper than that.

Date: April 04, 2007 11:22AM

Thanks Will, nice to know the weather will be good at least. Hopefully some one will come back with some locations and costs for me.

Date: April 04, 2007 12:39PM

Will on the car hire, do u know the age limited on hiring cars and if theres an additional cost for having more then one driver???

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: April 04, 2007 01:32PM

Car hire - generally depends on the company - you will struggle if under 21 or 23.

Just try the websites - lanzarote car hire in google will get you plenty.

Cheapest generally holiday autos or Auto reisen. Anthon or supposed to be good.
I see tons of Cabrera medina hire cars.

Ignore the people who say they always hire with so and so - they always get an upgrade - its bollix. Unless they are upgrading you to a beamer or something, they never had the car you thought you ordered in the 1st place. eg. In lanza 99.9% of hire cars come with aircon as standard. Yet the websites will show a bogstandard car with a/c. Hardly an upgrade is it.

Sorry just one of my rants!!! Read elsewhere that someones parents "made" them hire through hertz as they didn't trust the locals!! i nearly died laughing! Obviously some people made of money.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum