LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
La Dolcevita
Posted by: danny316 ()
Date: April 27, 2007 04:11PM

Hello, Off to Lanza again in just over 3 weeks, am planning on trying La Dolcevita, I went to teh new town one last year and thought it was good. Is the one in the old town any better ?

Any other decent Italians that you can recommend ?

Thanks
Danny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: La Dolcevita
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: April 27, 2007 05:27PM

Hi Danny. Is it in Puerto del Carmen?

If so... give the "Pizzeria Italiana" a go. Perdomo and Leon run it.

If you go to their web page and print it out - they will give you a discount too.

www.pizzeriaitaliana-lanzarote.co.uk

Enjoy!

Elle xx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2007 05:29PM by Elle1971.

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: April 30, 2007 10:26AM

Have found that lots of pizza places over here crank up the salt as well. Wake up in the middle of the night absolutely parched!

Date: April 30, 2007 11:11AM

Thanks for your feedback folks,
It will be my 5th visit to PDC, We ate in La Dolcevita in the new town last time and enjoyed it, will give that a try again, I was curious about the place in the Old town,
I plan on trying Flannagans (showbar) in the old town as well this time, anyone been ?

Thanks Elle for the recommendation

Danny

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: April 30, 2007 12:35PM

Yes Danny. Flanagans is a good night. You can see some pics at [www.flanagansshowbar-lanzarote.co.uk]

They have various chracters ther. Freddie Mercury is hilarious... as is Barbara Woodhouse. Rita is lovely - say hi from me if you go. She's a lovely lady - and can't half belt out the hits. Bianca is the drag act - and he is a bit risque... but shouldn't offend anyone. Oh, and it's free to get in too.

Have fun!

Elle x

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: April 30, 2007 12:35PM

Flannagans is a good night out.......a little tongue in cheek and slightly near the knuckle but a good laugh.

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: April 30, 2007 12:41PM

Danny

Try Pulcinella overlooking the sea in front of the Jameos Playa, Los Pocillos. It is the very last restaurant on the promenade and has a handy car park next to it.

The food is fab and they have a very good (laid back) singer there on a Sunday night.

Date: April 30, 2007 04:06PM

Thanks again folks for your help and suggestions,
I've just noticed that the Ironman is on this year on 19th May.
Will this affect our holiday much ?, roads closed and a mass influx of people in the restraunts etc ?

Thanks
Danny

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum