LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
PDC to Playa Blanca
Posted by: danny316 ()
Date: May 10, 2007 01:30PM

Hello folks,
I am off tp Lanza next thursday and thinking of a trip into Playa Blanca for the day

How long would it take on the bus ? are thet regular ? as oppose to a taxi cost/time ?

Thanks
Danny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PDC to Playa Blanca
Date: May 10, 2007 04:01PM

Thanks CG

Do you happen to know what the exchangwe rate is over there at the mo ?
I can get 142 to the £ here....But think i'll get a better return taking English over with me

Thanks
Danny

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: May 10, 2007 04:19PM

Buses - I have never got one - as car hire is so cheap. Taxi from PDC to PB is approx 35-40E. YOu can hire a car for £70 a day.

[www.autoreisen.es]

Wow - just thats the cheapest I've seen in ages - £58.60 for a weeks car hire at this short notice too.

Taking cash over - well I have said many times before that you are a mug taking over large amounts.

What will you gain? A rate of 1.45 as opposed to 1.42?
So you take £500 with you? Well done an extra 15 euros - at what risk? Losing all that cash or having it nicked? Plus the places that offer these "bumper" ratessupport all kinds of nefarious activities on the island.

No one likes to be ripped off but get yourself a nationwide or post office credit card who don't charge for overseas stuff then your sorted.

Date: May 11, 2007 11:24AM

Well it traditionally is in most places - lull before the storm! I love going in June, flight prices still cheap and always hot but not heatwave like you get in August when its unpleasant.

But £57 for a week is superb value for car hire.

Date: May 11, 2007 11:36AM

Thanks Guys, Josie is it really that quiet out there at the moment ?
I thought it would be really busy with the Ironman ?

As long as there's nice weather and plenty going on, that will suit us

Thanks again
Danny

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: May 11, 2007 06:32PM

Yes, it's very quiet here at the moment... which means more room for us to spread out and get a tan in this fantastic sunshine lol. It's baking hot!

Ironman is on the 19th, so I expect it will start picking up next week. One of our friends is doing it for the 4th time this year - and he's 51. Puts us right to shame! Go Miguel!!! People are already expecting the last 2 weeks in May to be busy - although we're yet to see if it's mainly "all-inclusive" people or not.

Danny, we spoke to a pal today who says it's €3 each way between Playa Blanca and Arrecife. He says it takes between 45 minutes and an hour - so adjust that as you need to with your resort. I wouldn't fancy it myself though... the buses are normally quite full, and not tremendously reliable. A cab would cost around €20 each way if you're in Puerto del Carmen.

Elle xx

Date: May 11, 2007 07:45PM

I can't go for an hour without a cigarette lol! And I don't want some sweaty bod sat next to me... wafting me with their fumes tongue sticking out smiley

Elle xx

Date: May 11, 2007 08:04PM

No wonder you had a "pleasant journey" then keith tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: trev1865 ()
Date: May 12, 2007 01:10PM

you can do it for free.catch the fred olsen free bus at biosfera centre.just say you are going to fuerteventura.if necessary look around the area where people buy ferry tickets when you first get off the bus in pb port.this will make it look convincing but it dosnt really matter.when returning just wait till the incoming ferry unloads and walk onto the bus with them.you wont be challenged,its all very laid back.buses are around every 2 hours and are very comfortable although the local buses arnt too bad either.

Date: May 14, 2007 10:13AM

Jeez the lengths some people go to get a free ride sad smiley

Elle - 20E to get to PB from PDC in a cab?! Thats cheap!! Or is it a different rate in the day times? Always around 35E when we go.

Date: May 14, 2007 10:17AM

Then you're being ripped off Will. We only pay €35 from the airport to PB - and no it's not a residents thing. Or maybe it is... and we just look local now. I don't know. Or maybe you're onto something with the night-time thing. We always confirm the fare before we travel too.

Lol at Trev - you crafty bugger lol.

Elle xx

Date: May 14, 2007 11:09AM

Well just picking up the licensed cabs from PB to Tropical on the strip! Or maybe am getting numbers mixed up! Anyway don't really care how much it costs at 4 in the morning when the vodka limons are catching up on me!

Date: May 14, 2007 12:17PM

Thanks very much for all the help and info guys !
Can't wait until Thursday

Date: May 14, 2007 12:33PM

will, its going to no great lengths to get a free ride as you just catch the free bus instead of the local one!.why you would want to go to pb though is another matter!

Date: May 14, 2007 12:46PM

Why?!! To get away from all the chavs in PDC!!! Am more than happy to drink and party with them but come 3 in the morning just want to get away to the oasis of calm that is Playa Blanca!

Trv, Why would you want to get a bus when you can hire a car with the small change you find down the back of the sofa?

Date: May 15, 2007 06:06PM

will, you give us pdc chavs stick all the time, i would hope you can take tongue in cheek comments as well as you give them!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum