LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Doesn't time fly...
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: June 15, 2007 12:14AM

... so the saying goes... and it does!

I registered on this site on the 7th May 2006, and since then have made 969 posts (this'll be 970 then). That's a bloody lot! I've just looked it up on my profile.

I looked back at some of my early posts recently... oh dear... however did you all put up with me eh?! But hey ho. I hope that we are both of some use to you now!!!

But we launched in... poured the vino... and made ourselves at home... whilst telling you all that we were moving over. I know what it's like - you see people come and go, and most don't actually do it... and that's no bad thing. It has to be the right thing for the right people at the right time.

But Alan and I have moved here... and we've now been on this fantastic Island for almost 10 months. Actually, I typed 10 minths first... then realised I sounded like Peter Sellars, with "Minkey" winking smiley

So how long have you guys been members here - and how has your life changed since that time. Or has it not?

Answers on a postcard please to "Casa A & E" Playa Blanca... Actually no - just post it here... because the postal system here is rubbish!!!

Ever yours... Elle xx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Doesn't time fly...
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: June 15, 2007 12:24AM

I've been registered since 12/07/04 but I was registered under another name before that (long story).

That was round about the same time I got involved with SARA so I could say that my life has changed considerably since then.

Do you know...I can't remember what I did with my life here before I started volunteering at SARA............I must have been very bored. I know the house was a lot cleaner LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2007 12:24AM by Lynne.

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: June 15, 2007 12:45AM

So how long ago did you get involved with SARA then Lynne. I know that you and I know "how", but I never got the timescale.

Give Steve a pinch from me, by the way grinning smiley

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: June 15, 2007 01:44AM

I decided to do a dog show on the island back in 2004 (around march or April). Approached Sara about having it there and giving the money to them. The little dog show turned into a big event called the Island Show. Whilst preparing for that I saw the state of the shelter and how they were desperate for help. I started volunteering one day a week, doing the laundry etc.
It progressed from there. I got more and more involved, worked more days etc and then they asked me to join their committee (Board of Directors).
Now I seem to be there everyday and do the fundraising as well----oh well, no rest for the wicked!!

Steve's in bed.......only me up at this God foresaken hour

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum