Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Mamma Rossa - Playa Blanca
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: June 16, 2007 01:33PM

One of our favourite places to eat here in Playa Blanca is Mamma Rossa. It's on the beach promenade... towards the port. It's an under-rated gem

They do pizza and pasta - but they're part of the Mejicana in the High Street above them... so you have have anything from that menu too. Must admit - we eat there as often as we can. Their pizzas are around 12 inches in diameter, and taste fantastic. The prices of those start from about €6.50. Unless you have a real thing for capers - be warned when ordering anything with those on... they tend to put a bit too many on for me. But try the Marinara pizza, and ask for anchovies on it too. Yummy yum! Oh, and the seafood spaghetti is really good too! Es perfecto... es primero! It's a great place for a lunch, or a less-pricey dinner. We both had Burritos yesterday, and 2 large beers each. It came to €31. Not bad eh. But honestly... the salsa and guacamole is made on site - and is excellent!

Oh, and if you have garlic bread as a starter - it's not really large enough to share.

Good service - and great views over to Fuerteventura. We spent a couple of hours there just people watching, which is always fun!

Elle xx

Re: Mamma Rossa - Playa Blanca
Date: June 16, 2007 01:46PM

Yes. next door. The walkway is what separates them.

We like Bodegas Tapas too. Try the lapas. Excellent!

Elle xx

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: June 18, 2007 12:05PM

Look at the cost of anchovies in the supermarket and you'll see why!

I'm bringing my own out next time!

Date: June 18, 2007 10:58PM

We've not tried that Chinese. We like China City. but may well give Sun City a go, as people keep saying it's a goodun! (Hi Tonyp... good to see you popping in again)

Yes, Will... VERY expensive! But you get 5 or 6 real biguns on the pizza if you ask for it. They don't come as standard on the marinara - but they'll add them if you want them. Am now craving anchovies... yum!

It's quick and easy pizza tonight, as we've been out in PDC most of the day, and I can't be bothered to prepare a gourmet treat. Garnished with Alan's home-grown chillies!

Elle xx

Date: June 19, 2007 02:50AM

Absolutely right Josie. If I want to see a man's glory - I'll look closer to home! Alan never seems to get tird of his glass though. Ah, that'll be why e always asks for more "lizard"!

Elle xx

Date: June 19, 2007 10:58AM

Don't get me started on Chinese in Lanza!!!!

Am amazed at the cost of anchovies in the supermarket!! As produce in spain and med can't understand why so much cheaper in the UK.

I love the fresh anchovies which come in vinegar - but virtually impossible to get the salted or tinned kind - crucial to my salad preparation and marinade making!

Date: June 19, 2007 06:20PM

Sorry whats contin that blocks the view?

Date: June 19, 2007 06:23PM

Was considering making a list of places to visit - but not much point - prob only able to visit one new place -

Romantica for the traditional first night dinner
Pedros for lunch on day one.
And then after that bit of emilianos in Femes and may visit Aromas and that will be it. Maybe Pedros for dinner one night too! But I generally cook most nights so don't go out as much. 11 weeks to go!!

Date: June 19, 2007 07:31PM

Will... Contin is the restaurant, and gelateria on the ground floor under L-Arista and Galleria. So you're counting down now? It'll fly by. How are the plans coming?

Elle xx

Date: June 20, 2007 10:30AM

We always go to romantica because most over places are closed if you get the evening flight. ROmantica will take orders till at least midnight.

Food wise - the shell fish soup is the best on island in IMO and there steaks are superb - love the fillet mignon there.

Although have noticed about most meat on the island and spain in general they don't hang there beef for long enough. Always v. tender but flavour hasn't developed.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum