Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Playa Blanca to Puerto del carmen
Posted by: JamesandGrainne ()
Date: June 20, 2007 10:14AM

We are travlelling to Playa Blanca or more specifically Papaygayo Iberostar hotel on 5th July. Can anyone tell me how much it costs to traval in a taxi from Playa Blanca to Puerto Del Carmen ?

Whilst Im happy to spend most of my week in Playa Blanca I do want to see Del Carmen as I have never been to Lanzarote before any other advice woudl be v wlecome especially about Playa Blanca or our hotel.

Re: Playa Blanca to Puerto del carmen
Date: June 20, 2007 10:17AM

Thats Brill thanks !!

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: June 20, 2007 10:24AM

Be nearer 30-35 if coming back at night. Not a huge amount in Carmen to see really!! The beach is no great shakes - compared to Papagayo which is on your doorstep. Nightlife is ok - though you do feel rather old if over 25!!! Half decent shopping in the biosphere centre - pretty cheap too.

Date: June 20, 2007 10:26AM

Is Playa Blanca old or young my wife and I are 28 but my in laws are 50 (but quite young minded)

Date: June 20, 2007 10:34AM

Well I'm 30 and love Playa Blanca!! Depends what you call old!!! The shops are all pretty youngish and more upmarket than say PDC and Costa Teguise. Not a huge amount of nightlife - unless you like to listen to a half cut bloke with a guitar doing quasi karaoke to Summer of 69.........

That seems to count as live entertainment across the whole island!

You have some top drawer restaurants, will be just getting busy and the heat won't be too unbearable at night like in AUgust. Get yourself a hire car and travel the island - only cost about 80e for the whole week. Its fun to visit the less accessible beaches.

Date: June 20, 2007 11:04AM

Thanks for all your comments and feedback

Date: June 20, 2007 05:30PM

It sounds great , I must admit , I would be hoping for a bit lively and relaxing at the same time. We do like our food but we are staying on an all inclusive basis so will probably only venture out for food one or two nights. I am in 2 minds about hiring a car as I like a few drinks and wouldnt want to risk drink driving.

Date: June 20, 2007 06:05PM

But you are not going to be drinking all day?!!!

Taxi to and from the airport will cost you 50 euros straight up!
To be able to go to PDC, Arrieta, etc drive to the Papagayo rather than take the water taxi etc.

Date: June 20, 2007 06:10PM

Yeah , I know but Im Irish and have a reputation to keep! (only joking) I really am considering getting the car , I suspect air con is a must ? 80euro seems cheap is that about right?

Date: June 20, 2007 06:18PM

What is the cheapest car rental on the island ?

Date: June 20, 2007 08:17PM

holiday autos or auto reisen

I prefer auto reisen as you can pick up the keys in the terminal.
Majority come with aircon as standard - but not a disaster if you don't have it.
Car hire is much cheaper there than over here.

Don't get conned into upgrading - you are on holiday and just need something to get you to the beach and for the Mrs to drive you home after you accidentally got lashed.

The island is a joy to drive accross - little traffic, newish roads and lots of roundabouts!

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: June 20, 2007 08:44PM

Look in to car hire.....it really is cheap.

Obviously depending on how long but you can get deals for 25 Euros a day.

Worth it for a couple of days...just to check the island out..and petrol is dirt cheap...you don't need to even hire a fancy car..Lanzarote is not like that.

Harry

Date: June 21, 2007 10:18AM

Thanks for that , I think I just may do that

Date: June 21, 2007 10:38AM

Don't need a fancy car yet you're getting screwed for 25E a day Harry?!!

[www.autoreisen.es]

Don't know if link will lead you to the screen I got but if you want to pick up a car from the airport TONIGHT!!! to hire for a week will be 90 Euros!!!

OK its a tinny little Citroen C2 but we had one last time we were out - was a great little run around. Went to the papagayo, went up to Arrietta, Manrique house all sorts.

Date: June 21, 2007 10:45AM

Just booked on www.autoreisen.es 118 euro for a citroen c2 with air con 7 days, v happy works out £80 for the week ,it woudl cost me that in taxis from the airport and back

Date: June 21, 2007 05:47PM

I hear you Will but I was try to give a price if you just rented for one day, which your man was talking about. Obviously the bext deals are for a week or more.

I have car, but as you say friends pay around 100 Euros a week.

Autoreisen sound well good.

Harry

Date: June 21, 2007 05:52PM

I know , sound great I cant wait

Date: June 21, 2007 05:56PM

You are going at the right time

You tend to find prices go up in August and December...like the flights smiling smiley

Have a great time.

Harry

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum