Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Jeep Hire 15/8 - 20/8
Posted by: jaykay1 ()
Date: July 11, 2007 04:58PM

hi

i am finding it very difficult to source a jeep for rental for a few days in august...

i have tried all the web renters and cant seem to get anywhere.

does anyone have any ideas on where i could source one?

many thanks

Re: Jeep Hire 15/8 - 20/8
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: July 11, 2007 05:15PM

Autos Feber may be worth a try. I only have the Playa Blanca number though. Ask for Ana. She was recommended to us recently by Angie at Montana Villas and Pools, and was more than helpful on the phone. She speaks English too - so she should be able to help, or point you in the right direction. 0034 928 518 055

Elle xx

Posted by: jaykay1 ()
Date: July 11, 2007 05:50PM

many thanks elle and simon for your assistance
jk

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: July 11, 2007 05:56PM

Jeeps work out rather expensive!! Only place you can have any fun in them is on the way to the papagayo - but pretty sure off roading is banned out there now.

Lanza roads are as smooth as a babies bottom even the clunky little Citroens have a great ride - no rude comments you lot!!!

Date: July 11, 2007 07:43PM

Ah but Will... driving along the carreterra (sp?) with the wind in your hair... smelling the sea... it's all good! We love our little Vitara. It's just fun.
But yes, you're right about tyhe roads being excellent over here. It's just some of the drivers lol... oh, and let's not forget the roundabouts eh!

Date: July 12, 2007 10:41AM

You have a Vitara?!! (snigger)

I didn't know you were a hairdresser.....

Date: July 12, 2007 10:43AM

It's not mine - it's Alan's lol... what does that tell you? tongue sticking out smiley

Seriously though... we discussed getting something a bit meatier... but it's just ideal for the use we get out of it. We don't have to worry about anyone scraping it (you know what people's parking is like here), and it's small enough to not drink a gallon of fuel just by starting it up lol.

Elle xx

Date: July 12, 2007 11:03AM

Suggests he dyes his hair?!!

I remember way back a guy at uni had a vitara - he was a part time fitness trainer too and had his name on the wheel cover at the back. Don't think I've ever sat in a more uncomfy car - although the back seet in a freelander comes close.

Just get a white tin can citroen c2 or c3 like everyone else and pay £70 a week!

Altho I must admit have splashed out on something open top for the honeymoon!!

I know I'm such a hypocrite I hate myself but will be going up to Graciosa and stuff so thought would be nice to bet something different for a change!

Posted by: scotty ()
Date: July 12, 2007 11:48AM

Oit will, i have a wrangler that hasnt had the roof on for months and i have fun in it everyday, its my big baby.

Date: July 12, 2007 04:41PM

It was just naff Angie!! He was a ginger fitness trainer and bragged about going round to all these rich womens houses......

He was violently ginger!

September. Going to a place in Haria that looks rather nice - doesn't do food. Might check out the Mozago (sic?) place as well. Seems all the smaller upper end of the market places are really struggling - and seem to be room only if not closing like Tegoyo.

That will be a gorgeous house.

have you been to Chupadero? Sposed to be one of the better vineyards to visit?

September. Can't wait - not had a proper holiday in over a year.

Date: July 13, 2007 10:31AM

Ginger girls are ok! Never better than a feisty red head!! Erm hope the mrs isn't reading!!

But ginger blokes.....!! Even that Damian Lewis dyes his - saw pics of him in his youth and he's a proper carrot top!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum