Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Buying a sofa
Posted by: s5hez ()
Date: July 23, 2007 06:59PM

Well my apartment is almost renovated and i'm ready for a good holiday instead of a working one. On my next trip I need to purchase a new sofa and would be grateful if anyone can recommend the best places to look.. Ideally I am after a large corner sofa, in leather, with a sofa bed built in, if I cannot find one I may have to settle for two 3 seaters with one having a bed built in.

Any recommmendations would be appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Buying a sofa
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: July 23, 2007 08:20PM

There's always the old faithful IKEA in Arrecife... or you can try the muebles shop in Yaiza village. They do some goregous leather furniture in there.

Happy shopping!

Elle xx

Posted by: biffa ()
Date: July 24, 2007 09:42AM

Have a look up in Tias theres a couple of really nice furniture stores. Drive down past hipodino (maxcoop) to the small roundabout and turn left and its on your right about 30m.

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: July 24, 2007 02:12PM

I would really recommend Absolute who are in the same industrial estate as Ikea and Merka. Amazing stuff...we have bought some great things at great prices...sofa's, kichens, dinning room, beds, rugs etc etc.

To be the are the best for price and the sofas are from south america..lovely leather....phone number is +34 928 816 499 and they speak English.

Happy Hunting.

Harry

Date: July 25, 2007 09:15PM

Thanks for the replies,

I was once told to go Inland but I can't remember where.. I intend to spend a day riding about so the suggestions are really useful. Is it worth venturing into Arrecife or is it just smaller shops there. Its been over 20 years since I went shopping in Arrecife and I just remember one long street with shops on then but it's obviously changed a lot over the years.

Any more suggestions would be welcome... you are a friendly lot on here, ( not like some forums) I reguarly read the subjects and pick up tips and see the same names over and over. ( Elle, you must live on the computer, is it set up next to a sunbed by the pool??)

Three weeks and counting till I leave this awful rain and floods and arrive back to my little place in paradise...

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: July 26, 2007 10:26AM

Inland!!! Well you can't go inland for long as you hit the coast again!!

I think you may be thinking of Tias which is inland and has a large furniture/electrical goods shop.

Date: July 26, 2007 10:51AM

Lol S5hez... Hubby and I work on our PCs for many hours each day... so it's easy for us to pop in. You might be onto something with the laptop by the pool though. I should look into that - better view than the office wall lol.

And yes, we are a friendly bunch in here... happy to help!

Have a good day!

Elle xx

Date: July 26, 2007 07:36PM

Arrecife is lovely, still old and most un spoilt....a few lovely little Tapas bars etc etc.

All the team above have got it right.....

Not easy to read a lap top around the pool with the glare of the sun.

Harry

Date: August 27, 2007 10:29PM

Thanks for the advise on the sofa, have just returned after a very busy 11 days but now my apartment is done..hired a car to shop around for one day only and found it was a Fiesta, typical for me, most of the shops I lined up were shut but Absolute was open and got a great deal on 2 sofa's, delivered the next day and Chris who dealt with us could not do enough to help, I would definately recommend them.. Cannot wait for Oct when I can have a PROPER holiday now the hard works done,

Date: August 28, 2007 12:54AM

Hi s5hez!

I hear you on the whole fiesta thing. Lynne from SARA and I planned a girlie shopping trip one day to Arrecife. Unfortunately it happened to be on Carnival day in Arrecife - so we wisely steered clear. Ended up in Puerto del Cramen. Swifty at the Bus Stop cafe... followed by bargains at the Biosfera. Okay - so we were shopping for clothes (and pink flip flops for me).

Got a couple of real bargains! I bagged a gorgeous burgundy strapless top (which always comes out now, and never fails to impress... for just €5! Oh, and then I got haggling with the Chinese shoe shop just up the road, and got some stunning dark brown flip-floppy-thing-sandal thingies for about the same price!

Have heard great things about Absolute - so thanks for singing their praises too! It'll be our stop when next furniture shopping.

Roll on October for you Chica!

Elle xx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2007 08:12PM by Elle1971.

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: August 28, 2007 07:28PM

We must try and do it again Elle.

By the way, do you get to the sunday market at Teguise at all?

I was there the other week (on SARA business) and I happened to see a stall selling glitzy flip flips at a stupid price. I THINK it was 2 pairs for 6 euros but can't be sure. The stall was on a corner, on the plateau where the burger wagons are. They sold jewellery and scarves and, of course, flip flops. Immediately thought of you and our shopping trip!!

Lynne

Date: August 28, 2007 08:09PM

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! You KNOW how I love my sparkly flip flops. My pink ones have recently died... and I miss them terribly.

Will pop up and have a look. We've been there, but only in passing through - haven't stopped off for a gander yet.

Hugs... Elle xx

PS: yes, definitely another shopping trip in order!

Date: September 02, 2007 05:44PM

Hi Ian, we went to absolute first and then into Ikea, ( it's almost next door) I did like the Ikea Sofa's but we had bought by then, I have bought lots of stuff from Ikea but never tried to get anything delivered as it usually fits into the car, from experience with larger items like my bathroom cabinet if it's not in stock they wait for the next delivery and the cabinet was 2 months, don't know if this is usual timescale. I have also ordered stuff not in stock and reserved it for my next visit which in some cases has been 2/3 months and this has worked out ok.
Good luck with the Sofa hunting, if Ikea can't sort you out try Absolute, they were great,I was due to fly home in 2 days time so they delivered the next day even though it was a Fiesta and the store was closed, can't get much better than that for service and the prices are very reasonable.

Date: September 09, 2007 09:25AM

Bought a lovely leather roll top bed and mattress from Absolute last week...delivered and they puit it together for us.

Realise what I have been missing.

Not the cheapest place, but quality and service great.

Harry

Date: September 10, 2007 12:26AM

I loved that bed but spent all my euro's on the Sofa's, the service there is great..

i'm really getting into the forum now after months of reading other peoples comments so i'll share a little story to let you know just how great these people are...

went in on the friday and ordered a 2 and 3 seater, they delivered sat ( when the shop was closed for holiday!!) as i was off home mon morning early..They unwrapped them and took away all the packaging. I looked at the lovely sofa's in my lounge and decided that really I should have had two 3 seaters, i know - typical woman, so i called the mobile tel no for the salesman , Chris i think, asked the question, could i swap the 2 seater and could he do it before the monday and within 2 hours he was back to take away the 2 seater and bring me another 3 seater.

You can't get much better than that,

Date: September 10, 2007 04:21PM

I have to agree, things may seem odd in Lanzo...but I just love the service and politeness in banks etc etc

Absolute are the dogs danglies.

Harry

Date: September 10, 2007 06:46PM

Hi Sandman,

Talking about Absolute, near to Ikea.

From what Flash says its not just them, i'm used to ordering whatever and waiting weeks for delivery, and then when you finally get a date you wait in all day for them to come because no-one will give you a time and at 6pm they arrive just when you have wasted a day off work.

Our big retailers like Currys could learn a lot!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum