Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Flights To Lanzarote
Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: July 29, 2007 11:06PM

Well I think I have a 1st...just paid £450 to fly to Lanzarote on 9th August and back on 30th...I know I should have booked before but could not confirm dates until this morning.

Cheaper to fly to Florida.

But it is worth it...or is it..yes it is.

Harry

Re: Flights To Lanzarote
Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: July 30, 2007 10:00AM

£450?!!! WOw!! Did you look very hard?!!

Date: July 30, 2007 11:23AM

Really?

My brother went for the weekend - THurs to Mon and paid £220 Which I thought wasn't too bad for the time of year.
Went out on THompson and back with first choice.

Date: July 30, 2007 01:09PM

I looked at Flights from Madrid and Dublin....nothing left...madness never known it so bad, I actually live in Lanzarote, so go back and forwards atleast once a month.

Would seem that the rain has taken effect with UK people who have now had enough..I know I have and I have only been here for 3 weeks...can not wait to get dry winking smiley

If you go out on 16th the cost drops over £150.00

Date: July 30, 2007 03:57PM

Previously massive over capacity last few years. Combination of shitty UK summer and lack of capacity this year.

If definitely have to be there on certain time and day book way in advance. If you are flexible go as last minute as you dare!

My brother booked last monday to go last Thursday and got his for £220 or so. Booked singles off skyscanner.

I booked the honeymoon back in March for end Aug/Sept and got for well under £200.

Date: July 30, 2007 07:45PM

It is not normally this bad, but not many flights to Lanzo this year and with the weather being so crap here, the companies can take the piss and they have...suppy and demand.

Normally pay around £150.00 in in hols around £250-£300 but never £450.00 still that's life. Not just Lanzo...Tenerife is booked out and so is Fueventura...all go this year..it was even on the news here on Saturday.

I tried every trick in the book but just too late probaly only by a week, but just could not confirm 100% which day I could get out.

Date: July 30, 2007 11:06PM

What a load of bollocks Pete. Nobody is fighting anybody.

Not many planes to Canaries and all of a sudden the English decide they are fed up with the worst weather since 46 and decide to go away rather than sit in a caravan in Cornwall and Greece and Turkey etc etc are cooking isn terrible heat. Not exactly rocket science. The airlines realised they were on a winner last week and so increased their fares, something that happens in the USA every day with most airlines. You might well find that we have more companies flying to Lanzarote now, as there is obviously a demand, Prime example of this is the increse in demand for Madeira recently and hey ho Easy Jet are now flying there, and we now have direct flights to La Gomera.

Until recently as we all know Lanzarote has not been on the list of must places to go.

Date: July 31, 2007 09:53AM

Because Pete if you have not read your own figures which you used to publish here year on year visitors to Lanza are down - so the holiday firms and airlines cut back their seats.

The reason why the likes of you, me, harry etc have had such a cheap time in the last few years is that we've been able to jump on flights at a moments notice for not a lot.

Now the combination of crappy weather and a lack of seats has cranked the price up.

Date: July 31, 2007 09:33PM

Forgive me Pete but I think that at £450.00 for a ticket on a plane only seems to me that the tour companies are doing very nicely..normally for £450.00 you get accomodation as well. Yet again Pete you have got your facts wrong.

I do understand supply and demand but I also understand taking the piss.

Date: August 01, 2007 08:32AM

Not good business at all...because when you take the piss Pete, people notice...that's what happened with the likes of BA...Richard Branson as with many things so that the big boys were taking the piss and came in a nicked a lot of there business alongside easyjet, ryanair etc etc.

Trust me, they will lose out..companies will see this gap and we will have more companies flying to the Canaries as we have just seen in Madeira.

You will also find, that although the planes are busy it is not with accomodation, here again the piss was taken and a lot of people have decided to fly and find their own accomodation..even the travel companies have owned up to this Pete, so you really do not have your finger on the pulse.

It is only ever cheaper to buy a package as you know at the last min (like day before) and that has been the case since the 70's.

Yes people who charge more in the summer seasons are taking the piss and no doubt people will look around for a better deal, we have the internet now so the world is fully open to mr and mrs bloggs to get the best deal.

Date: August 01, 2007 10:38AM

Oh grow up both of you!!!

Virgin is a terrible example! They are more expenisve than BA - just offer a different type of service - your average BA gold card type can't stand BA and your average virgin type can't stand the stuffiness of BA.

Pete am sorry you are full of rubbish this week!!!

It is far easier to book charter flights on singles than ever before - in fact until 2 years ago it was virtually impossible to book a break going out on one charter comp. and back on another.

Ditto non 7 or 14 day breaks.

As you have correctly pointed out in the past tourists to lanza has been dropping year on year and flights have been cut.

And what is wrong with companies charging what thety want? Judging by the comments on here people are paying the money!!! All the sheep who want to spend new year out there are happily getting the wallet out regardless of cost.

Date: August 01, 2007 04:03PM

Sorry sheep sounded a bit harsh!! But why let your life be dominated by TV and pubs?

Haven't had a TV for a month and am loving it! Get so much more done!

Date: August 01, 2007 05:24PM

Back in my day..... were lucky to go strawberry picking....

Used to go to same holiday cottage each year. Had a 2 acre wood, used to make tree houses, do bonfires, camp out - and get little brother to collect all the wood aged 4!!!

Obviously all PC lot would prob want to arrest my parents for irresponsibilty nowadays!

Date: August 01, 2007 08:33PM

You always get a jolly good answer from Pete. Pete...the flight to Madeira is 3 hours 30 mins and the flight to lanza is 4 hours. Half the distance...I think not.

I have already made the call to Stavros and Richard..so there you go.

To me within reason an airline is airline like a car is a car..they get you from A to B and in the case of a plane at the same speed. The only advantage you can get is luzury which depends on what you pay.

I do agree that if you have the money any journey over 4 hours is worth the extra luxery, but a few hours is no big deal and by the time you have had a bite to eat read the paper and drink you are landing. I have travelled by plane on average once a week for the last 35 years and if not more so I reckon I have a rough idea what is going on out there in plane land.

I have no problem with people making a profit although in my field most people want a CD for £5.00 or not at all or just download it for free.

But there is a big difference between say £150.00 which is what I often pay and £450.00 to me that is taking the piss and in 20 odd years the most I have ever paid to Lanza.

Just making a point Pete no more no less.

I have to say that Will does speak with a sensible head on.

Date: August 01, 2007 11:13PM

What business you talking about Pete...certainly not the same business Tesco, Sainsbury, Argos and Woolworths are talking about.

Not everybody charges silly prices...Tesco don't and make millions...we don't in our industry anymore but the majors still make millions.

If Easyjet can fly to Madrid for £70 (inc taxes) and sometimes even cheaper I am sure they can fly to Lanzarote for double (£140) or even triple (£210.00) only time will tell if I am right.

On that note I will go to bed after a long day stuck in a studio with a moaning artist.

Date: August 02, 2007 11:39AM

Yes but for all the £70 quid returns you have plenty over £200 for the same flight! Try going to Amsterdam on a friday night with easyjet..... budget airline my arse....

Re. space - 4 hours is just about the max i can do with my knees round my ears (behave...) and screaming kids. Can zone out just fine.

Date: August 02, 2007 12:54PM

Whats the point of hanging around in a lounge?! Generally only have 30 mins when I get to airport so quick zip round the shops - steak frites and half bottle of red at the reassuringly chav free Chez Gerard, then plug MP3 in for 4 hours and we're at Arrecife!

Date: August 02, 2007 01:47PM

But at gatwick the lounges are in completely the wrong direction!! Cutting off nose to spite your face pete.

And as I said chez gerard at gatwick is brat and chav free - you should try it - better than any lounge!

Date: August 02, 2007 03:13PM

No but chez gerrard is quite pricey and given the choice of Garfunkels, maccas, BK, and the rest of the muck the chavs have passed out from junk exhaustion before they even see the quiet oasis of Chez G in the top left corner!

Regionals?! Well Luton is Hell, Stansted is Bl**dy hell (used to be a beautiful airport in the late 90s though), Manchester is hell (was nice after they built terminal 2 but that was 15 years ago!), Heathrow is horrific and wouldn't do the heathrow - madrid - lanza flight becuase I haven't got idiot tattooed on my forehead. Don't know the rest - but only fly twice a week.

Despite being in North london I can be at Gatwick in an hour on public transport door to door and flights pretty much every day of the week. Only prob is when you get in at 2am and coughing up £80 for a cab.

Date: August 02, 2007 03:52PM

I don't mind getting the train - one hour train or two hours minimum driving. Am not joined at the hip to my car!

Am a big lad and travel light! If I can't sling it over my shoulder then it isn't coming! And I hate those stupid case with wheels!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum