LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Why did you move to Lanzarote?!
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: August 01, 2007 03:52PM

You'll blend in with your pink outfit then lol grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sally-Ann ()
Date: August 01, 2007 04:53PM

Hey thats my other alter ego.... along with the pink poodle, she belongs in the club on CNL not on this site lol

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: August 07, 2007 10:20AM

Oh FFS - the reason why is that because the Brits are so blinkered to the EU as a whole we get shafted by it.

Whereas the French because they run the whole show know all the loopholes and work the system to benefit themselves - heard of the CAP?! Billions to subsidise french farmers.

THats the whole point patheticness of the Mail's stanch etc. If we actually got more involved we could work the system to benefit us.

You will find that the french are incredibly racist and break all the European employment rules - but the authorities pay a blind eye.

PS - try going to Marseilles, or St Denis in Paris - or any late night in Paris. It makes Brixton look like paradise.

Josie - whats wrong with Eastern europeans? They integrate, pay their taxes and contribute to the local economy. I think you need to be a little more open minded. Britain is and always will be a haven for immigrants - its nothing new.

I might be black, I might be asian, my surname might even have "OV" or "sky" at the end - or it might be Smith. Would that make my opinions less valid?

Why not just emigrate to Antartica? Actually best not the penguins are black aren't they.

Date: August 07, 2007 01:52PM

Exactly! Much prefer Polish and eastern european types who generally share the same northern european values and settle in much better than say Somalian and Nigerian types who generally create whole noew problems.

Ugh am being compared to Blair!! Am just not the sort to whine about something but not attempt to do anything about it. Europe politically is a right mess and we just aren't remotely playing the system or getting it to work for us.

And if you want the definition of isolation - its to be the only English speakers in a french village in the rural south. Will give you the true meaning of outcast - and we're not talking the Dordogne/Lot or Provence here.

Date: August 07, 2007 02:47PM

"If you can speak French to a reasonable standard and really do not like "foreigners" of any description (except the French) move to France"

"did not have a single meal or drink served by anyone who was not a white Frenchman or occasionally woman."

Obviously the pay is even worse than over here!!

This seems to be important to you Josie - I suggest you move to the US or South Africa.

You seem to veil it that you are security conscious but its all down to the colour of the skin at the end of the day isn't it.

I don't think even the Daily Diana, sorry Mail would get away with that.

The reason why there are so many Eastern Europeans over here is because there is a gross labour shortage at the bottom end of the market.
Because virtually every Brit even the ones who can't read or write these days has got a degree we no longer want to wait on tables, work behind bars, dig or build. That is why it is Olga serving you. And a much better job they do than some surly Tracey or Sharon who thinks world owes her a job.

I have no issue with people moving abroad and starting a new adventure totally out of their comfort zone - very brave i reckon - especially the eastern europeans who live in absolute sh*tholes doing the worst jobs until they get on there feet but there is no difference between you moving to Lanza with Olga moving to London yet Until you don't understand the hypocrisy of you moving abroad just to be a foreigner in someone elses country........

My cleaner was Bulgarian well she still is - qualified intensive care paediatrics nurse in Bulgaria - yet because of UK bureacracy - had to take 3 years to requalify whilst living in a 3 bed flat with 7 others. Worked as a cleaner on £5 an hour to get though her studies. I printed off course work material, English translation stuff etc to help her out and to improve her English.
She now works at Great ormond St.

You will appreciate why I am a little touchy about people slagging off Eastern Europeans with absolutely no knowledge.
Now the Somalis....

PC police?! Please! Am a card carrying tory and telegraph reader.

Date: August 07, 2007 03:19PM

I think you need to work on your use of tongue in cheekness and irony then Josie! Exclamations and smileys often help.

Date: August 07, 2007 03:36PM

**Elle pokes her head around the door... and then decides againt it**

grinning smiley

Date: August 07, 2007 03:44PM

Out of his horse? grinning smiley

Date: August 07, 2007 04:07PM

You've got nipples for fingers?!

Date: August 08, 2007 09:28AM

Spliced - ouch does it hurt?!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum