Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Re: Lanza top tips....
Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: August 16, 2007 05:25PM

Hmmmm not sure about the cloudy bay - certainly not worth £19 as you can get exactly the same from the vineyard next door for £10-12.

Try Forrest Estate, Villa maria (but only the private bin stuff) or even decent Pouilly Fume for the same effect Sauvignon B.

Also don't get fobbed off into buying 2005 or older Sauvignon B as it should be drunk young and just gets dull with age. 2007 New Zealand ones will be out soonish!

Date: August 17, 2007 09:13AM

Give over pete!!

You can get supurb wine for 4 or 5 quid. For £10 you should be able to get something fairly outstanding if you know what you are looking for.

Cloudy bay is just taking the piss and living off the name.

I agree that NZ Sauvignon is prob the best out there but for £10-12 you can have as good if not better than Cloudy bay just not as good in snob circles.

Date: August 17, 2007 05:49PM

I have had it it in the past. It is very good. But so is Forrest Estate - prob not in supermarkets - try Adnams website. Various of the better chilean estates, names escape me for the moment, even the top end Villa Maria SB gives Cloudy a run for its money and is £8 cheaper at least.

I don't think there is a more expensive wine in the world that is drunk in the year of production.

No Pete it is not that I don't like it - I am busy looking for the next "thing" NZ SB started to get interesting 10 - 15 years ago, now its the NZ Reislings and Pinot Noirs that are really doing the business.

Try a new zealand Pinot Noir against a French one - the difference is extraordinary.

Date: August 17, 2007 05:50PM

I have had it it in the past. It is very good. But so is Forrest Estate - prob not in supermarkets - try Adnams website. Various of the better chilean estates, names escape me for the moment, even the top end Villa Maria SB gives Cloudy a run for its money and is £8 cheaper at least.

I don't think there is a more expensive wine in the world that is drunk in the year of production.

No Pete it is not that I don't like it - I am busy looking for the next "thing" NZ SB started to get interesting 10 - 15 years ago, now its the NZ Reislings and Pinot Noirs that are really doing the business.

Try a new zealand Pinot Noir against a French one - the difference is extraordinary.

Date: August 20, 2007 09:55AM

Its sunny? In Lanza? In August?!!! My god!

Date: August 21, 2007 11:53AM

[www.gazettelive.com]

Rather a good link from the gazette.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum