Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Arriving this week
Posted by: johnnyriz ()
Date: August 13, 2007 06:07PM

This is my first trip back to Lanza in many years (though only twice before) and I am coming back with my young family. I know I am going to notice a difference but is the crime and driving that bad or am I am reading too many gloomy forums. I know you need to use your common sense even at home. Obviously I won't be out in the early hours and assume that there are quieter areas of PDC. I am staying in Tias and may want to venture into PDC for that authentic PDC atmos - any advice - nothing too gloomy as its a holiday?

Re: Arriving this week
Date: August 14, 2007 09:29AM

I suppose all will become obviuos when I get there but is the old town at the Fariones end and is there plenty of parking?

Date: August 14, 2007 10:18AM

Anyone recommend some good places to eat near Tias or PDC? Must be child friendly with seafood, steak and friendly service.

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: August 14, 2007 10:46AM

Everywhere is child friendly in Lanza pretty much.

If you are desperate to be in PDC you want to be in the old port which is beyond the fariones end.
But parking isn't much fun and not a lot else to do reall for reall youngsters.

Playa Blanca in my view much easier for families to get around, doesn't feel as compact as the side streets in PDC, easier for walking and pottering around only - 15 mins from Tias.

Date: August 14, 2007 10:50AM

As I am on holiday and drive too much at home is the drive to PB quite straight forward? As you may have seen from previous postings I am looking for a stress free easy week in the sun - if only life was that easy :-)

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: August 14, 2007 11:31AM

Easy peasy from Tias, Johnnyriz. ice wide roads... just look out for tourists lol. Only kidding. Just follow the road signs from Tias for Yaiza - and then Playa Blanca after that. It's really simple. Once in Playa Blanca... head for the seafront... go straight over the first roundabout (petrol station), then the second (temperature gauge), and turn left at the third (anchor). Keep going down that road until you see Burger King flags flying on your right. Pull into that car park,and there's a bit of waste ground that we all park on. Leave the car there, and head down to the beach. That beach is called Dorada, and is great for the littluns.

Don't worry too muchabout the crime. It happens everywhere in the world. It's still safe here. It's just been publicised more because it's still a rarity here. Am guessing you won't be staggering out of clubs in the wee hours (as you have littluns), so you won't be around during the "slightly less safe" time anyway.

Have fun!

Elle xx

Date: August 14, 2007 11:38AM

You posted whilst I was typing, Flash... lol... but have given me inspiration.

You mentioned the bowling alley. I absolutely have to recommend the place. We took the lads on Saurday Night. It was excellent. I didn't play (too many team-building events over the years *shudder*... can't abide it). But from the moment we arrived... paid €10 each adult (over 12) for 2 games... Ben smacking himself on the thigh with a bowling ball... saying he'd broken his leg... whilst hopping around on it... the staff being there in a shot with ice etc... chatting to the bar staff... REALLY reasonable drinks prices (€10.30 for 3 bottles of coca cola, 1 large glass of Vina Sol and a large beer)... free Spanish lesson... lovely supervisor chappie who was from a family vineyard in Las Palmas... everything was good!

I'd recommend going early, as it started to get really busy after 9:30pm.

We'll be taking the lads again - well worth it if you and the kids like bowling!

Date: August 14, 2007 11:40AM

Thanks to all. I drive quite happily in France but usually take my 3 tonne car - people give you a bit of room anywhere in the world when you drive a 'lorry'.

Date: August 14, 2007 12:25PM

Guys - dorada beach not be all and end all.

The town beach is very pleasant and obviously right in the middle of the front with all the restuarants, supermarkets etc.

If being a real stickler - there is not much in the way of restaurants out there! No reason why you can't visit both!!!

Date: August 14, 2007 12:32PM

Yes Will, Town Beach IS more central. But Dorada is better for kiddies, as there's not so many rocks underfoot. Plus there's less chance of your towel beingwashed away by the wash from the Fuerte ferries lol.

Personally I'd head up North to Famara - I'm it's newest fan!

Have sent you a PM by the way - about your holiday next month.

Elle xx

Posted by: biffa ()
Date: August 14, 2007 12:33PM

You don't have to avoid the strip in pdc unless your out after 1am and then only the centro atlantico area and my guess is you'll not be down there anyway. There is a fantastic little beach down the old town called playa chica where you can hire jet ski's and ride the banana boat it is also where most of the dive schools operate from. There is now a bus service from Tias into PDC which operates until 1130pm so you don't have to drive if you don't want to, but then again its only 5-6 euros in a taxi. You'll find that a lot of improvements have been made to the strip in carmen namely the paths have been improved and widened and this work is still going on.

Date: August 14, 2007 12:36PM

See you Friday Biffa! We're popping in to say hi.

Elle xx

Date: August 14, 2007 03:13PM

Didn't used to be rocky - remember 15 years ago that was the only beach before the flamingo!!

This year I am going to have swim at town beach then walk up the steps and have lunch at pedros - hope he doesn't mind wet chair!!! Keep meaning to and always forget!

Posted by: biffa ()
Date: August 14, 2007 03:16PM

It'll be nice to see you again Elle. Drinks on me.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum