LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Calling all bar owners and businesses
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: August 17, 2007 06:52PM

Right..... I'll own up right from the begining .....I am on the scrounge

As you are all aware (I am sure) SARA Animal Shelter is overcrowded and usually runs "in the red" at the bank.

I am trying to raise some extra cash so I have decided to organise two additional fund raisers for December. I already have the car boot sale planned at the Tahiche Garden centre on the 8th and I plan to have an auction when that closes at around 12 noon or 1pm. I have been gathering really good quality items for over a year now so I am not short of things to auction. (I could always squeeze in a few more I am also organising a Grand Raffle with tickets going on sale in September. I will be using proper printed tickets with a stub (you know the sort) and all the people that will be selling the tickets will have a list of companies etc who have donated items. The draw for this raffle will be made during or after the auction.
This is where you come in...... I am looking for prizes for the raffle. The only thing is, I don't want it to be "any old raffle" I want the prizes to be "worth winning" i.e. DVD player, air tickets back to the UK, weeks accommodation in an apartment, mobile phone, Christmas hamper etc etc.
Now I understand that most people are struggling and I am not looking for expensive prizes from small businesses. What I thought might be good is if bar owners donated a bottle or two and I could make up a couple of "Booze Hampers" or restaurants/supermarkets donated some food for a standard food hamper. That way I get my BIG prizes but it hasn't cost the individual too much money.
Alternatively, maybe you could donate, say 25 euros, and I can club it all together to buy a DVD or a camera.
And I wouldn't say no if anyone could manage a couple of flights to the UK or a weeks car hire for example.

I will do my best to give you as much publicity as poss. I can put it on our website, get your name on the prize lists, I might even be able to mention something in my write-ups in the Gazette. I will be pushing the raffle on here and other forums later in the year and I should be able to name drop a bit on those.

I costs SARA around 500 euros A DAY to remain open and that is just for food, medications, cleaning materials etc. We are not just a re-homing centre, we pay the medical bills for animals knocked over in traffic accidents, we denounce individuals for cruelty cases and we spay and neuter feral cats that plague the hotels and appartment complexes to TRY and keep the numbers down. All this has to be paid for over and above the everyday costs.

We really need your help ....... together we can make a difference.

Thanks for listening

Lynne
P.S. If anyone can take a collection box for their bar we would appreciate it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Calling all bar owners and businesses
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: August 17, 2007 07:54PM

Lynne, as you know we're already asking around for you down here. However, if you need us to collect from anywhere in Playa Blanca - just drop me an email.. and it will be done!

Good luck!

Help us to help the doggies (oh, okay... and the cats too) winking smiley

Elle xx

Date: August 18, 2007 10:32AM

Hi Dottie,

I've sent you a PM but I will put it here as well (need the publicity LOL)

We can accept cheques in sterling as the bank change them for us free of charge....so no problem.

If you can make it for my attention and put a little note inside saying donation for raffle/rifa.

F.A.O. Lynne Fisher
SARA Protectora de Animales
Aptdo. de Correos 566
E-35500 Arrecife
Lanzarote
Canary Islands

Lynne

Date: August 21, 2007 07:47PM

What the .... is a giant artic polar bear Angie?

Presumably it's a display but hey...it sounds like fun. Have you got any photos and size etc.

Lynne

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: August 21, 2007 08:06PM

If you have a look at the photos on Angie's ad in the Gazette - you can see one.

Here's a link to her web page too - [www.gazettelive.com]

They really are massive!!!

Elle xx

Date: August 22, 2007 02:00AM

Aaaahhhhh............they are gorgeous........are they fluffy??

Deffo want one Angie, we should make a load of dosh with one of those.

Celtygirl..

Do you want to be first to place a bid?

Date: August 22, 2007 05:14PM

Yes Alan,

Taking auction bids anyway you wish....Email probably best as I can print them off. sarashelter@hotmail.com

I will use any Email bids the same as they use the phone during normal auctions if anyone cannot attend.
just give me your starting bid and the maximum you are prepared to go to and I will bid on your behalf.

Date: August 29, 2007 06:49PM

Donations for the auction are coming in fast and furious now. Got loads of booze for the hampers, some electrical things, cuddly toys, bike, dartboard, chairs, carpets, free advertising etc.......

I'll do a full list soon and post it on here soon but still accepting donations.

Lynne

Date: October 07, 2007 04:43PM

Auction items still coming in Phil and new stuff from businesses for the raffle. I am in the throws of making a programme for the auction and a list of raffle prizes (should get them finished today) so these will be available soon by Email.

I'll post on here when they are ready

Auction and raffle are on the 8th December so still got plenty of time.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum