LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Shops in Arrecife
Posted by: lex7 ()
Date: August 29, 2007 04:13PM

Hi

This is my first time posting on the forum so Hi.

I have been to Lanzarote many times and am due to return for another holiday in November. Would anyone be able to advise on where the main shopping street in Arrecife is and how best to get to it by bus (from Puerto Del Carmen) I have attempted several times on previous visits to find it but have been unsuccessful so far. I heard it was worth a visit and there can be some good bargains to be found.

Thank you for any help.

Alexis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shops in Arrecife
Posted by: trev1865 ()
Date: August 29, 2007 06:39PM

main shopping street is Calle León y Castillo, when you get off the bus on the seafront just keep walking towards the town for about 15 minutes and you will see it.

Date: August 30, 2007 12:28PM

Many thanks I'll do that.

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: September 09, 2007 09:28AM

You must go, Arrecife is still not tooo unspoilt and very local.

Harry

Posted by: bernadette ()
Date: September 10, 2007 10:59PM

Hi Alexis, We have been going to Lanzarote for about 10 years 3-5 times per year and it took us several visits to find the main street. You have been given good advise but I just thought I would add to it to see if it helps.

When you get of the bus you walk along towards the Gran Hotel (worth going inside to have a look around, excellent resturant on the 17th floor good bar and toilet facillities and they don't mind if you use them. They also have a few designer shops and a fantastic jewellers very expensive though). Continue to walk along, the pavement bends to the right carry on walking you will see a small bar walk past this and then you will see a park (sometimes on this square there is a market usually on Monday or Tuesday) then you will see another bar with a green and white canopy. On the road in front of this is the Taxi rank and a zebra crossing. cross the road here and the street in front of you is the main street. Happy Shopping.
p.s The bar near the Zebra is a good spot to sit to watch the world go by whilst you wait for a taxi after your shopping trip. but if you look out to sea you will spot a castle, you can get to it by foot if you walk over the bridge well worth a look if your into that kind of thing.

Date: September 12, 2007 02:00PM

Hi

Thank you for the more detailed directions its good to know that another regular visitor took a while to find the shopping area and its not that I'm hopeless!!

The bar sounds a good idea after the shopping and I will certainly look out for the Castle. It is worth a look if it easy to get to.

Here's to a good days shopping!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum