LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Are There Still Water Problems?
Posted by: s5hez ()
Date: September 10, 2007 11:07PM

Can anyone tell me if the problems have been resolved with the water supply, especially in PDC area, my brother is visitng my place on 27th and I have not mentioned it to him yet as I did not want to worry him but when I spoke to someone in Tias last week it seemed like the situation was pretty bad.

As I am not on a complex i'm a bit worried that its the hotels and complex's that will be given priority until normal service resumes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are There Still Water Problems?
Posted by: canaria32 ()
Date: September 10, 2007 11:26PM

I have water in my house so I supose that the problem was solved in all the island.

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: September 11, 2007 08:57AM

Never had a problem in Playa Bastian.

Sometimes the water goes off for an hour or so.

News to me.

Harry

Posted by: biffa ()
Date: September 11, 2007 09:45AM

The pumping station has been repaired and water is flowing again to all parts. The shortage of water will continue for a few days due to the large amount of empty water tanks, aljibes that need filling. I live in the los mojones area of pdc and its just trickling in at the moment. I would imagine it will be fine by the 27th.

Date: September 11, 2007 05:15PM

Thanks for the info,

this is going to sound like i'm really stupid but do the aljibes top up automatically or are there different systems.

my place is a block of 4 with a shared one underground, 2 of the apartments are full time occupied and the other one and mine for holidays so the question of how the water gets into the aljibes has not arose yet, its just there when we turn on the taps!!

I know I need to get things like this clear but have been blinkered up to now with renovations and decorating, the practical/sensible things have been ignored if they have not presented a problem.

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: September 11, 2007 06:02PM

biffa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The pumping station has been repaired and water is
> flowing again to all parts.

Errrrr..........not in my house it's not!!!!!

Date: September 11, 2007 11:13PM

Thats a relief, thanks Mike, I'm sure mine must otherwise i would have come a cropper by now but you know when something happens like the news of people running out all these niggly doubts creep in.

If its not back to normal when i arrive mid october i'll just have to bathe in the sea and drink lots of Bacardi, it will be hard but i'm sure i'll manage!!

Posted by: biffa ()
Date: September 12, 2007 12:04PM

Unfortunately Lynne some people won't see water for a few days due to the demands on the system but ive been assured by inalsa that the water is indeed flowing to all its just taking its time getting there.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum