LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Watching the rugby world cup final in Playa Blanca
Posted by: tudorr ()
Date: October 15, 2007 11:10AM

Hi,

Now that England have made it to the RWC Final 2007 - I am after some advice on where I can watch the game in Playa Blanca. I have had the Irish Anvil recommended but I don't know if that is a definite.

Any advice would be much appreciated and ideally contact details for places so that I can double, triple check the game will be shown! If I can't get an answer my holiday might have to be cut short or something drastic like that!

Thanks in advance for any help / pointers.

Cheers,

Rob.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Watching the rugby world cup final in Playa Blanca
Posted by: tudorr ()
Date: October 15, 2007 12:19PM

Thanks. Having posted this I found the link to Wax Bar and have fired off a note anyway! I can see it on the website but I am so panicked at the thought of missing the game. BIG rugby fan me!

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: October 15, 2007 12:29PM

Yes deffo the WaxBar - but get there early... he's been packed for the rugby games!

Elle xx

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: October 15, 2007 04:04PM

Wish I was in Lanzarote...but had this idea....came back to England and we did a new version of The Gambler by Kenny Rodgers.....and the boys in Paris are singing it..."hold them and fold them".....love it....you should hear it over the airwaves this week and next..

Had so much fun recording this...worth bearing the rain.

Harry

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: October 16, 2007 11:13AM

Depending on what side of PB you are on and how far you want to stagger home after..... we watched most of the group games at Popeyes I think it is underneath Roof tops - much nicer atmosphere than Irish bar and you get I nice sea breeze to!!

It will be on at absolutely every bar - though must admit never really had a prob getting a seat or view of a telly. THough maybe different clientele on the island in October probably.

Date: October 18, 2007 09:43PM

Allez les Blancs...gotta know when to walk away and know when to run.

Harry

Date: October 19, 2007 10:50AM

Arvie - well I think Popeyes is the one I'm thinking of or is it snoopys?! Anyway both bloody stupid names for a bar but to be able to sit inside a bar watch footie rugby or the cricket and get a sea breeze is just the best!

Or are you just being provacative and trying to start an arguement...... smiling smiley

Date: October 19, 2007 04:25PM

Hi C,

The new version of The Gambler is up on iTunes and the artist is The R Team.

Have a great weekend.

Harry

Date: October 22, 2007 11:08AM

You ate food in Popeyes/Snoopys what ever its called?!!!!! Yuck!!!

That kitchen looks super ming!!! Must admit to a cheese and ham toastie back in 2002 there but it was 8 in the morning and I was several smirnoff ices and 4 guinneye... guinesses (plural?!!) down....

As you say arvie its a bar - best stick to crisps!

Irish bar - well have found them rather unpleasant in the past when asking them to put on England cricket and rugby etc generally over the last 10 years - just general anti englishness beyond amusing banter - so would love to have been rubbing the general irish sporting crapness in right now!!!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum