LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Thieving Scumbags!!
Posted by: s5hez ()
Date: October 22, 2007 07:35PM

Just got back from my little place in Paradise and had a fantastic week again but thought I would share this with you as a warning..

went to a gorgeous beach at Orzola with a beautiful lagoon and had the car turned over.. because we were swimming we left my son's game boy bag in the boot along with 1000 fags I had just bought ( I know dirty habit! ) and various other bits and bobs, cool bag, beach stuff etc... had a great swim, chucked everything into the boot and set off back, never realised until we got back to PDC and started emptying the car that things were missing, then checked the car , on the passenger side they had punched in the lock and must have got into the boot from the back seat.. My son was gutted, his bag had his nintendo DS and at least 15 games in it.. he keeps everything together so he does not loose anything so the whole lot went..

Hard lesson learnt, not to keep everything together and to be a bit more street wise, the car park had at least 20 other cars in it so we think we were watched and the bags noticed when we got our dinner out... to top it all the insurance wont pay out, have been with Direct Insurance for years and never had to claim, first time I do they tell me personal possessions are only cover if they are on your person ( supose I needed to be mugged!!) or in a locked apartment, won't be usung them again..

Anyway be careful at Orzola, I won't say don't go as it is a beautiful place but be careful, if any residents are trawling the car boots or are offered a gameboy with a nice selection of games, mostly Pokemon then it could be mine.. How can they can sleep at night!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 11:01PM by s5hez.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thieving Scumbags!!
Date: October 23, 2007 12:33PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2007 10:14PM by s5hez.

Date: October 23, 2007 12:33PM

We put it down to experience,

we are very careful at home but once you're in holiday mode you let the guard down, once my son has replaced the gameboy and started a new collection of games he will not be taking it to the beach from now on. The annoying thing is that whoever did this will probably throw half the games away anyway,I wish they had just took my fags and sold them on and left what obviously belonged to a child.

They probably got no more than 50 euros for the lot so I hope they are proud of themselves.

Anyway on the bright side I am back for new year and counting the days already, only been home 2 days but it gets harder and harder to leave lanzarote each time.

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: October 23, 2007 02:18PM

You poor lad, s5hez! I hope this hasn't upset him so much, that he's not a fan of Lanzarote anymore..

Count those sleeps - and here's hoping your next trip here is much better!

Elle xx

Date: October 23, 2007 10:13PM

He was upset and is busy writing his xmas wish list for new games, luckily he had treated himself to a new DS with his birthday money last month and it was the 'old' one he had in the bag at the time, he has also managed to wangle 3 new games out of me, puppy dog eyes get me every time..

He still loves Lanzarote and can't wait to get back like me and Hubbie.

Feels like a heavy frost coming tonight which makes it worse. Two days ago I only had a sheet on the bed tonight it's a 15 tog duvet and the electric blanket on max!!sad smiley

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: October 26, 2007 04:36PM

Sorry to hear this but it is becoming more common. Nothing nasty but just opportunists who watch and move quickly.. sorry to be bad but probably Morrocans..I caught some in Costa Teguise recently...little sods.

They wished they had never met me.

Harry

Date: October 26, 2007 05:14PM

We were a bit soft really, in and out of the boot before heading off to swim, next time we will definately be more careful.

I had read a few reports before about locals not liking tourists in Arrieta but nothing on Orzola.. Hubbie is a surfer and reports had said sbout Surfers being attacked and chased off the beach!!

These people could have been anyone but I can see why people jump to the 'morrocans', have noticed in PDC that certain areas have groups hanging around and I myself find this quite intimidating if i'm out at night with just my son. I try and judge people as I find them but it does not help their reputation when they stand in groups on street corners shouting at women and children.

I'm now fully aware that Lanzarote is just like anywhere else, good and bad area's, good and bad people and I need to be a bit more careful of where I am and what I am doing.. Still love the place and can't wait to retire there!!

Date: October 26, 2007 05:37PM

Its alright pete - you can say my name winking smiley I won't jump dwn your throat.

I continue to stick to my guns, and still feel safer here than I used to. But yes, it is very sad that these incidences are increasing.

Elle xx

Date: October 26, 2007 09:20PM

I also feel safer there Elle, would not dream of going into my town centre on a Sat night on my own or with my son. It's the same problems worldwide.

Don't want to start another 'debate' on the blaming of certain nationalities, justified or not. Hopefully other visitors to the Island reading this will use keep it in mind wherever they are visiting and be a bit more careful than i was and avoid the distress of loosing their treasured items..

I loved my fags as much as my son loved his gameboy grinning smiley

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: October 28, 2007 08:05PM

One positive...cheaper to replace your fags in Lanza than UK.

Harry

Date: October 28, 2007 11:06PM

Too right, still half price after buying them twicesmiling smiley

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: October 29, 2007 11:15AM

Oh dear you love the things that will make you look 20 years older, stink, ruin your quality of life and eventually kill you.....slowly and painfully.

Interesting concept love....!!

Personally I'd be going out in back streets in PDC starting arguments - would probably be quicker and less painful.

Date: October 29, 2007 01:59PM

Such smug b*stards aren't we!!!

Date: October 29, 2007 04:20PM

Sorry... was just outside having a ciggie. Did I miss owt? grinning smiley

Date: October 29, 2007 04:34PM

Well about 5 minutes of life apparently!

Date: October 29, 2007 06:33PM

Ohhhhhhh..eye rolling smiley

something's gonna kill us all one day, the drinkers will die from liver disease, the fat one's from heart attacks and the stick thin smug one's will no doubt get hit by a bus!!

The paper's are full of something you do or eat that cause some type of disease
and if you believed them all we would all sit in a bubble waiting to die.

I know smoking is bad for me but then again so are a lot of things, at the end of a long day there is nothing better than a ciggie and a drink, alcoholic or not. My choice, my life...

It's funny how this subject creeps into a lot of thread's, I personally think that it's all the 'reformed' smokers who seem to shout the loudest and that's because really they would love to just sit down and have a fag!!! winking smiley

Date: October 29, 2007 06:39PM

LMAO Will. Touche! But 5 minutes of life? Last I heard it was 3 - but it gave me 7 minutes of pleasure. I work hard, play hard, drink hard and smoke hard. I certainly don't look as old as my 35 years. You are onto something with the smell though... tobacco isn't a nice smell - one of the reasons we don't smoke indoors. Bad enough with the dog!

But yes - if I could give up... I would. As you know yourself, it has to be the right time for a person to quit... or the right motivation.

Anyway... am off for another ciggie now. tongue sticking out smiley

Elle xx

Date: October 30, 2007 11:03AM

Hmmm - you must stop reading the Daily Mail - I've told Pete this. It really is bad for you.

Re. something will kill you - well yes I might get hit by an illegal bulgarian immigrant driving his 3 polish mates in an untaxed, uninsured japanese car whilst they were on there way to the benefits office to claim social security under false names and the mail would have a field day.

But what happens if I don't?!! The 60 a day habit I had built up assuming i would be hit by aforementioned bulgarian would really ruin the quality of my life....

Chances are you WILL NOT be killed be an errant railway truck, halloween trick or treater recently absonded from a mental institution or muslim terrorists despite the best efforts of parts of our media.

As a heavy smoker you will have a 70% chance of dying early from lung cancer or heart disease directly due to the fags. And they are both slow painful deaths to boot!

Just seriously - I have pretty high cholestorol - and the bad sort. Doc said the best thing you can do for yourself is stop smoking. Don't worry about food, booze, exercise, etc the best one thing you can do is to stop smoking. It is the single worst thing you do to yourself by a long way.

Date: October 30, 2007 11:07AM

The ones who clean out the houses are generally English/Irish/Spanish groups with vans. Moroccans tend to be opportunistic open window types.

Be very careful about the builders you use, talking about new expensive purchases in certain irish bars in PB, and also sporting events - I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of burglaries during rugby world cup final with everyone out at the bars.

Date: October 30, 2007 11:42AM

Need not be on purpose Alan. Just needs someone to say how he has a job at this lovely new villa and the wrong person hears....

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum