Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

My Poor Palm Tree !!
Posted by: s5hez ()
Date: January 07, 2008 07:53PM

After looking at a very scruffy palm tree for the last 12 months I decided on this trip that the poor thing needed a good trim, I got a 'man' in who did a great job at a reasonable price but unfortunately it now has a bald bit on the trunk where the bark (?) has rotted and it looks very strange. What it really needs is a good shave but the price for this was a bit too much for the budget.

Hubby thinks he can have a go himself eye rolling smiley

Anyone have any idea how it's done, do you work from the top or bottom and is it as easy as he thinks it looks !!

Re: My Poor Palm Tree !!
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: January 08, 2008 12:11AM

There's a guy who does articles for the Gazette magazine who seems to be a bit of a guru with all things green. We've got a banana tree that could do with a bit of TLC (instead of Alan's axe!).

Maybe this fella can help?

Elle xx

Re: My Poor Palm Tree !!
Posted by: s5hez ()
Date: January 08, 2008 07:48PM

Thanks Elle,

will have a look through and see if I can find him.

What is it with them thinking they can have a go themselves !! I'm sure hubby is planning on sneaking a chain saw or something similar into my suitcase next time when i'm not looking,

he managed it with the Kango hammer drill confused smiley

By the way.. we had a day on Playa Dorada when in PB this time and spotted the Wax Bar where you live ( winking smiley ) it looked very nice but was not open, will give it a try next time.

5 weeks and counting... only been back 2 days and the cold is driving me mad !!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum