Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Help!!
Posted by: Mothergoose ()
Date: January 09, 2008 04:07AM

Going to Costa Teguise on 24th Jan with hubby and elderly dissabled inlaws,father in law is diabetic so has to eat regularly.Anyone recommend cafes etc that will not break the bank as we are on limited spending money (in laws not though).Have heard that a must is a visit to tamafaya park and lunch cooked on the volcano,how much would the lunch cost? anyone??

Re: Help!!
Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: January 09, 2008 10:16AM

I wouldn't say that the food cooked over the volcano is a must personally.

Considering it is packed full of coach tours it is not the most ambient of meals!

THe coach tour in the volcano field is a bit of a love or hate experience - note if you are easily car sick best give it a miss!

Personally I would do the volcano tour the pop round the corner to La Geria vineyards for lunch - 10 min drive max. Again avoid the coach tour places - try El Chupadero - we went whilst on honeymoon last year and was fantastic location.

[www.el-chupadero.com]

Date: January 09, 2008 10:56AM

Steve - I suppose it is just the timings - getting there around lunchtimes it has been packed last few times I've been there.

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: January 09, 2008 06:48PM

Hi there,

Not sure exactly where you will be in Costa Teguise, but to be honest anything that does not serve English food (egg and chips) is normally good and food out is generally great...starters are around 3.00 pounds upwards and main courses around 7 pounds upwards.

If you tell me exactly where you are staying I will try and help more...I live in Playa Bastian so to be honest eat locally or travel but tend not to go into the heart of Costa Teguise..

Harry

Posted by: Mothergoose ()
Date: January 13, 2008 11:37PM

Only know we are staying at Club Tahiti complex,haven`t a clue of location except Costa Teguise!! Never been to Lanza before so clueless.Supposed to be about 2km to beach and near golf course if thats any help??

Date: January 14, 2008 10:32AM

Nothing is exactly far from anywhere in Lanza nor is anything particularly expensive. You'll be fine - I really wouldn't worry!

Costa Teguise is a purpose built tourist resort which even its friends would say is starting to look bit tired - but then the same could be said of the entire south coast of spain and every french ski resort....! And in 10 mins you can be out of CT in another little village so I wouldn't worry.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum