Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

property
Posted by: sonnie ()
Date: January 09, 2008 11:24PM

Hi i'm thinking of moving to lanza in the near future and cannot believe the price of houses how can people afford these houses on the wages you get there.I think they are way over priced i know its a beautiful island but it doesn't have a thriving economy to be looking for house prices like that.I have heard that the house prices are dropping could anyone tell me if this is true.

Re: property
Date: January 10, 2008 12:50AM

I agree its not a bad price for a one bed apart but im lookin for a family home and there all in and around the 300 to 400,000 mark i think thats pricey and not only that the square footage is tiny look wot you would get in OZ for that.The quality of build is crap to.

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: January 10, 2008 08:40PM

Sonnie,

You have all the answers above....

2 bedroom crap flat in Sutton £160,000......2 double bedroom 2 bathroom with large patio on front line and with use of three lovely pools..... 180,000 Euros....

Go in land and the world is your ......

Happy Hunting

Harry

Date: January 10, 2008 09:05PM

HI THANKS FOR YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS TOPIC BUT MAYBE I FORGOT TO TELL YOU I LIVE IN IRELAND SO I DON'T HAVE THE BENIFIT OF THE EXCHANGE RATE LIKE YOU DO WITH STERLING TO EURO.I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS I STILL THINK ITS MAD MONEY EVERYONE IS SAYING MOVE INLAND YOU'D GET A BETTER HOUSE. THE REASON I WANT TO LIVE THERE IS TO BE NEAR THE SEA AND ALL THE GOOD FACILITIES.MIKE IF YOU COULD TELL ME WOT PAGE THAT HOUSE IS ON I COULD HAVE A LOOK THANKS ALOT......

Date: January 10, 2008 09:50PM

Josie i have to say i agree with some of your points but when i leave Ireland with euro in my pocket its still the same when i arrive there, when you leave england you will gain with the euro.I would hate if Lanza had high buildings thats why it doesn't have that tacky look like some parts of southern spain does.In ireland for 350,000 you get a ok house and you could pay for your mortgage just about if 2 people are contributing to the bills and theres a lot of work here.but if there's not much work there how can you afford a mortgage like that.

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: January 11, 2008 10:27AM

Sonnie - not sure what your point is!!! You are being rather negative!

Do you actually know lanzarote?!! When people say move inland we are talking being a 5 minute drive from the sea - not the equivalent of living in Derbyshire or something!

And you don't seem to understand exchange rates either!

350E for you will always be 350E but for UK buyers - back last summer when the Euro was about 1.44 to the pound would have cost me about £243k to buy but now with the Euro nearer 1.3 to the pound it will cost more like £270k.

In other words exchange rates fluctuations mean that for someone from the UK to buy that house will cost an EXTRA £27,000!!! For you the house still costs exactly the same! So exchange rates at the mo certainly not benfiting the UK.

What you maybe suggesting is that someone working in London earns more than someone in Ireland and that is true.

Date: January 11, 2008 12:39PM

I DID NOT REALISE THAT YOU WERE LOSING MONEY WHEN YOU CONVERTED OVER.
ITS JUST WHEN I TALKED TO PEOPLE IN THE PASS I ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU DONE WELL WHEN YOU CAME OVER WITH THE CONVERSIONS OF THE DIFFERENT CURRENCIES.I HAVE LIVED THERE IT WAS ABOUT 10YRS AGO.I HAVE BEEN BACK LOTS OF TIMES I KNOW IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME BUT REALLY ALL I'M TRYING TO POINT OUT IS THAT ITS GONE VERY EXPENSIVE TO BUY FOOD,PROPERTY ETC.

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: January 11, 2008 12:47PM

You might want to turn your cap lock off sonny!

Prices in Lanza have gone up like most places in the Eurozone - but Eire is sposed to be booming too! Its all about quality of life and for what you are paying Lanza scores pretty highly. Suppose where you come from in Ireland - I imagine if you are a middle class proffesional in Dublin must be fairly reasonable.

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: January 11, 2008 12:52PM

I find the food much cheaper than UK....and let's mention the wine, beer and even better should you smoke cigs...£1.30 a packet in Lanza and well over £5.00 in UK.

Come on Sonnie...what on earth do you want...

Harry

Date: January 12, 2008 04:07PM

Thanks stewlanz thats probably the best and most truthful answer so far....

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: January 14, 2008 11:06AM

Lanzarote just feels like home. Got off the plane from Madrid this morning (Madrid was great by the way... will report back later when my brain has recovered). You just smile when you walk out into the Lanzarote air... and get that fuzzy feeling.

PS Mike - Coronas? €8.99? Pah! Canary Kingdom - €4.20 for 200... and taste just like B&H.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum