Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

driving in lanzarote
Posted by: karen ()
Date: October 04, 2003 04:10PM

hi everyone. i am going on holiday for the very first time in ten days time to a village near matagorda in lanzarote. I am worried about the driving on the island. Is it an easy place to drive and well sign posted etc. As this is my first time abroad I would be grateful for any advice or information on the airport or the island or food or shopping or anything really. would really appriciate some emails to reasure me that this holiday will go well. I hope that the weather will be hot aswell so please let me know. many thanks. karen. my email address is pkaren61@aol.com

Re: driving in lanzarote
Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: October 05, 2003 06:17PM

We have not long returned from Costa Tequise. The weather is lovely and hot. We were going to hire a car, but we were a little nervous as we have never been to Lanzarote before. Taxi's and buses are very reasonable.

The airport is very nice, very straight forward. When it is time for you to depart the airport is wonderful, they have pizza hut and burger king, cafe's, bar and lots of shops.

The market in Teguise is lovely for shopping, especially if you like handbags. It is very big though, so be warned wear sensible shoes!!

P.s. with car hire, be careful where you go, if you go to Holidaytruths.com there are lots of tips in their forums. Hope this will help you.

It was our first time to Lanzarote, and we would never go anywhere else ever again. It was fabulous.

Posted by: Dave ()
Date: October 08, 2003 01:13AM

I enjoy driving in Lanzarote, but you must be vigilant & watch for the road markings. They do some odd things - like give way markings just around corners. The worst is an infamous mini round-a-bout in Costa Teguise,
(Avenida del Mar & Avenida del Jabillo) Never turn at this one, always go straight ahead or you could be one of the many accident victims here. You see it looks like a mini round-a-bout, but there are give way markings painted on the middle of the road for left or right turners. Eg - say you are in the middle & turning you have to give way to vehicles going straight ahead in your opposite direction. Ok so you spot the white triangle & stop --- but if the driver behind you is new - they are not expecting you to stop in the middle of a round-a-bout.!!! - Avoid this junction if possible !

Posted by: Andy ()
Date: October 08, 2003 09:51AM

I have rented from record rent a car before on line, they were excellant. Brand new cars at good prices.

Posted by: Joe ()
Date: October 18, 2003 01:32PM

There is no need to hire a car because taxis are inexpensive

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum