LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
teachers wanted?
Posted by: paulholland ()
Date: February 04, 2008 11:18PM

I am a p.e. teacher from holland and am orientating on moving to lanzarote with my family, but do need a job as a p.e. teacher, does anybody know if the schools on lanzarote are looking for teachers or .........??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: teachers wanted?
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: February 05, 2008 04:40AM

Hi Paul. I did write a long old message here - but then my connection went, and I lost the lot... so it was probably fate telling me not to bore you.

Anyway... the most informative bit may have been suggesting that you speak to La Santa in the north of the Island.

I may get shouted down, but most of the regular posters here aren't really teaching specialsts. But if a lurker pops up with some useful info for you, then great!

Elle xx

PS: Worked for a Dutch company for 4 years. Loved the work ethic. Loved the "Head Office" visits too. You know the "Stad Amsterdam" yacht? Had a couple of cracking days out on that!

Date: April 14, 2008 08:42PM

Sorry for this very late answer Elle, but thanks very much. What school is that in la Santa? is it a primary school or a secondary school? International or Spanish? do you know a website or other websites from other schools (i can only find 2 websites of schools on whole lanzarote)?

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: April 15, 2008 03:12AM

It's not a school hon... more of a leisure and fitness resort. Do a Google search on "la Santa" and you'll find lots of info. The finest athletes from around the world go there to toughen up. But a huge amount of people go there for fitness too. Might be something you can help with?

Hopefully Mike from Estupendo will spot this thread and post the details of schools that he has. There's a few here. They don't all have websites though.

Don't apologise for coming back late - we dip in as we need to. That's the great thing about forums. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like - we're all happy to help (I've made a sweeping statement there - but in this particular forum, it seems to be the case).

Goed geluk Paul!

Elle xx

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: April 15, 2008 10:37AM

I was going to say La Santa would be a good starting point! Remember when I went there they have a seriously multinational staff. And erm talented female staff too....

Date: April 16, 2008 09:29PM

Thanks very much for the info! I have been looking around on the internet and found club la Santa and some schools, so that will give me some more possibilities. If someone know anything about a job at a school as a p.e. teacher, hopefully you will let me know.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum