Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Christmas !
Posted by: MAXINE ()
Date: October 27, 2003 07:28PM

Hi

Booked Xmas in Costa Teguise for Xmas, 22nd-29th Dec, although booked self catering in the brochure they said xmas Gala meal included, which was ideal, as Xmas day will be my daughters 16th birthday, so extra special day, got a letter today from travel agents saying error in brochure and only for half board guests. Hotel is Puerto Tahiche, and cannot prebook for ourselves, bit worried what we will be doing now!!! I am on holiday to get away from the cooking large meals, anyone know of a lovely restaurant who will be open for a special girls birthday xmas day.

Any ideas Help !!!!!

Maxine

Re: Christmas !
Posted by: steve ()
Date: October 28, 2003 09:31PM

Hi Maxine,

Thanks for your reply - I have been told that most (if not all) places will be booked for xmas dinner as most places will only have one sitting. I have posted requests on other websites for contact no's and if I get any that sound ok I will forward them on to you.
By the way, we stayed in the Puerto Tahiche in March and loved it!

Posted by: steve ()
Date: November 08, 2003 08:58PM

Hi Maxine,

Got a reply on another forum that the Hotel Los Zocos will be doing a 7 course Xmas dinner (plus beer) for 25 euros. Yes I know it sounds too good to be true, but I have emailed the hotel and am waiting for a response. If I have any joy I will let you know..........

Posted by: Dave ()
Date: November 09, 2003 12:20AM

Dont worry,
A - There will be loads of places doing specials on Christmas day.
B - The Tahiche will be selling tickets for their gala dinner - they were last year & I am sure they will be very pleased to take your money! To be honest it would not be my first choice, but it depends if you are hung up on having to have roast turkey as per in the uk. We usually stay clear of places doing English turkey dinners as they seem to be plagued by Brits abroad at their worst with young children just out of control. The best place in Costa -if you can get in - is Islas Buenitas ( I hope ive spelt that correct) It has mainly Spanish clientel. - you must book here.

Posted by: sandy ()
Date: November 09, 2003 11:25AM

hi maxine.
well there was loads of places with signs up saying 'christmas diner served here' so i think you'll find ots of places that do dinner & also there's takeaways that you can takeaway dinner. hoope that helps. have a great time im sure you will i loved every second of it. sandy ;@)

Posted by: MAXINE ()
Date: November 10, 2003 12:39PM

Thanks for the reply Sandy, looking forward to our holiday as never been to Lanzarote, plus daughters 16th birthday so Xmas day is a big celebration for us. Roll on 22nd Dec !!!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum