LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Club 18-30 in Lanza..Oh no !
Posted by: danny316 ()
Date: February 21, 2008 03:33PM

Was planning a my 6th trip back to Lanza in Sept however just found out that 18-30 is starting there this year....Having been on a few of those holidays many years ago, I can't help but wonder Is it all downhill from here ?

Danny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Club 18-30 in Lanza..Oh no !
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: February 21, 2008 04:27PM

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went on one once (to Kavos in Corfu). Worst holiday I ever had.

Where did you hear this Danny?

Elle xx

Date: February 21, 2008 04:54PM

I came across it whilst browsing Thomas Cook Website (They own Club) I then checked out the Club website and it's new this year, even recommending Pinnochio's for Pizza and Ricks bar etc etc. [www.club18-30.com]

Don't get me wrong Ellie, I can handle Centro Atlantico as it wasn't in your face, you could take it or leave it, And for me that is what has always made Lanza/PDC so great, plenty to do at night if you want a few drinks/dance etc or quiet if you want a quiet night and stroll by the sea With Club moving in, I fear it'll only be a matter of time before things go down hill rapdily, the anti PDC fanatics on here will be rubbing their hands !

For the record, I hated Kavos too, and my worst Hol has to be Las Americas in Tenerife !..Hatedd the place, Although I did really enjoy Magaluf, Ibiza, Benidorm and Ayia Napa..

Date: February 21, 2008 05:07PM

Cheers for that link Danny. I'll go and post it on our own forum, with a thank note to you for the info. You're a star!

I don't like the 18-30 scene... but it will certainly see some money come into the resort.

Elle xx

Date: February 21, 2008 05:17PM

Like I say, I've been on 4 or 5 of them Loved some and hated others, it will undoubtedly bring money in, but they do promote drinking as much as you can with pub crawls and groups of young singles everywhere which I think certain resorts can handle at night time, however I always liked the fact that they steered clear of Lanza,

Still only time will tell, just keep your fingers crossed Ellie

Date: February 21, 2008 05:29PM

Only been on the one - but at the time, loads of people swore by them. It'll certainly bring some money into Puerto del Carmen - and if anywhere here can handle it, Carmen can, and also if I'm honest... it'll support our nightlife site nicely.

Watch this space eh?

Elle xx

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: February 22, 2008 11:02AM

Oh come on - if centro atlantico is not club 15 - 21 I don't know what that is!!

At least it will raise the average drinking age in Carmen!!

Date: February 22, 2008 11:52AM

What's up Will - wouldn't they let you in? :p

Elle xx

Date: February 22, 2008 01:24PM

My fear is Will that it will cover a far wider spectrum than Centro Atlantico, spilling on the beach/streets for some of their more famous antics !!

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: February 29, 2008 09:39PM

Oh my goodness....went to see my godfather many years ago with the family and he booked me into an apartment a friend own in Magaluf......quite terrible..never seen anything like it...bit of an education even for a rocker like me.

The only thing is the kids will spend their money in the bars...so that is something, but they do create a bad vibe.

Harry

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum