LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New Year fllights??
Posted by: s5hez ()
Date: March 10, 2008 09:58PM

What has happened to the flights over new year, I can't find anything under £310 each as as there are 3 of us that's still too much. confused smiley

If anyone has come across any good deals please let me know..I am looking to go from East Mids, Manchester or Birmingham on 28/12.

Most airlines are quoting £400 to £450 so the £310 is reasonable compared to those but I paid nothing like that for the New Year we have just had and booked that one a good 12 months in advance.

Am getting desperate at the thought of New Year in UK. .. sad smiley

I have however booked Easter 2009 so that something to look forward to..hot smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Year fllights??
Date: March 10, 2008 11:17PM

Hi Keith

Looks like its got to be 7 days because the kids go back to school on 5th, I would have loved to do xmas and new year but as xmas day is a thurs that put paid to that idea, Thomson's seem to have the monopoly on wed flights and they are ridiculous on the 24th.

Celtygirl - had a quick look for you, depends if you mind the kids missing a couple of days ( my son is ok for 10 days per year with no questions asked, although I have never taken more than the odd one or two if i've had to settle for thurs flights) presuming your hols are same as ours 13/2 - 23/2 found you 12/2 from mcr at £282 with XL and 16/2 from East mid at £211 with XL -( same flight with Great late deals is £209) personally I think I have found a bargain if I get school hols for less than £250 each.

Only one more year to go and the school hols are history..

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: March 11, 2008 01:55PM

You pull the kids out for 10 days a year?!! Fugg me! Thats a hell of lot of school time if you factor in when they are ill and that.

In Holland if the kid misses school for any reason apart from sickness then you get fined. SOmething like £300 a day. Bet that would bump the cost of your flights up!!

Why are people surprised that the price of flights over new year, school hols, etc are expensive. We have this discussion EVERY YEAR!!!

(Will pulls on flat cap and yorkshire accent...) We used to holiday in the UK and it was good enough for us good enough for you etc... And with global warming.....!!!!

Date: March 11, 2008 05:54PM

No Will, you misread... i've never pulled him out for 10 days... 2 at the most.. but the school will allow 10 days with no questions asked, they do get a report card which each teacher signs to say that all work has been caught up with and that goes to the Head..

Never had a days illness from school and he is now 15 so I don't worry about an odd day if needed, especially at the end of the term when not a lot is done..i'm sure he benifits more from a relaxing week in the sun anf going back all refreshed and ready for the new term.

CG - £500 for 4 was a bargain but it does make it hard to accept 'normal' prices, the one I am on for this April cost £260 for 3 and I was jumping up and down for days, booked this last feb and i'm sure Thomson was unaware of the school scam to not be off at the proper Easter but have 2 weeks in April instead.

I really have considered xmas day flights but can't get the rest of the family to agree, it's before or after but not on the day.. i'm sure Santa won't mind !!!

Date: March 11, 2008 11:11PM

You're right Josie but I feel so much better when I look through the calender and see big red crosses on it for trips booked, especially on nights like tonight when it's pelting it down and the wind is howling..

Still I am back over 4 weeks tomorrow so it's not all bad cool smiley

Date: March 12, 2008 06:17PM

My trampoline looked very poorly this morning,it had managed to loose half it's legs..

Had to go out in gales force winds and rain this morning to take the rest off and lay it flat before it was recked. angry smiley

Date: March 12, 2008 08:16PM

Hi Keith

I'm from Derbyshire and it was very rough this morning.. looked like a drowned rat when I eventually got in to work !

Date: March 12, 2008 09:11PM

You're not far from me at all Celtygirl, I work with a lady from Ilkeston, small world !!

At 8:15 it was pelting it down, had to wait 15 minutes for the bus ( late!!) and my jeans were dripping on the back.

Re-inforces why I can't wait to pack it all in and book my one way flight to the sun..About 5 years and counting...

Date: March 12, 2008 09:32PM

I work in Chesterfield, not too far between us, I have a lovely view of the'famous' Crooked Spire from my desk but it's still not enough.. I want to see the sea...

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum