LanzaroteIsland.com The more complete leisure and tourism guide about lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Lanzarote Forum

Opinions, questions and advice about accommodation, tourism, leisure and anything you may need in Lanzarote. 
Lanzarote Hotels due for demolition!
Posted by: willow ()
Date: March 19, 2008 11:24PM

In The Sun today!

[www.thesun.co.uk]

and more ...

[www.guardian.co.uk]

I hope the problem doesn't extend to private villas!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lanzarote Hotels due for demolition!
Posted by: willow ()
Date: March 23, 2008 10:20AM

If you read the articles it tells you ...

"Top-of-the-range hotels that could be pulled down are the Meliá Volcán, Iberostar Papagayo, Gran Castillo, Natura Palace, Rubicón Palace, Papagayo Arena and Son Bou. "

However, I wouldn't worry. It's very unlikely to actually happen.

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: March 25, 2008 08:59PM

Sorry John - that's the only list I've seen.

Elle xx

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: March 26, 2008 11:20AM

Why are you so worried about these hotels John?!

As Mike says there is no way they will be knocked down - the Princessa Yaiza is the centre piece of the whole Dorada beach complex for example!

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: March 26, 2008 02:06PM

They should never have built all these places and runined another part of the island..money should have gone in to Costa Teguise and PC....but that would not have lined the pockets of certain people.

I don't care as it makes Costa Teguise quite....but....

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: March 27, 2008 10:54AM

Not sure what you mean sirharry - the princess yaiza - for example is a gorgeous hotel - am surprised that it is so good! And the whole Dorada complex is much needed because the town beach in playa blanca has now been virtually washed away, the flamingo was minging in the first place, over crowded and since the break water broke is still recovering and the papagayo is still fortunately fairly inaccesible for many.

Being frank Sir Harry CT needs much of it to be flattened and started again surely? Great beaches though!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum