Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Favourite bar in PDC
Posted by: Kim ()
Date: July 23, 2004 02:19PM

To anyone who has been to PDC recently.... there used to be a bar right on the edge of the promenade on the opposite side of the road to McDonalds. The tables were all al fresco and it was our favourite place to go for drinks as it was so quiet and relaxing. However, when we went in May this year it wasn't open and we were GUTTED to say the least. I'm hoping that it's maybe just closed at that time of year due to it being so chilly in the evenings and the bar being on the seafront. Has anyone been recently and noticed whether this bar was open? U could see the umbrella's on the beach below.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favourite bar in PDC
Posted by: Chris Dodd ()
Date: July 23, 2004 06:16PM

If you mean opposite McDonalds (on the beach side of the road) I can tell you that there are no bars there now! There is a large ice-cream kiosk on the beach side in the area you mention, perhaps it was a bar at some point before we were there! No other buildings on that sise of the road that I can think of!

Posted by: Derek ()
Date: July 23, 2004 09:21PM

Opposite McDonalds there was a Bar or cafe. it was not on the street level. it was below the street level on the walkway. The good news for you is that it was open. We returned on the 15th July, so it would seem that it may be open in the busier months.
Hope this helps.

Posted by: Gary ()
Date: July 23, 2004 11:23PM

Yes that ber is still there you have to go down some steps to get to it with yellow parasolls. We only got back 2 weeks ago, fantastic view and very nice food as well.

Posted by: Gary ()
Date: July 23, 2004 11:26PM

Yes i know the bar. you have to go down some steps to get to it, and it has yellow parasolls to sit under right above the beach. Fantastic view and very nice food as well. A great place to chill out. We only got back 2 weeks ago and was absoluteley fantastic, we were on our honeymoon, and they treated us like royalty. Would reccomend it to anyone.

Posted by: Kim ()
Date: July 24, 2004 11:07AM

Thanx for your replies... Gary and Derek it sounds like u know exactly where I mean and the bar I'm talking about does have yellow parasols. I'm so relieved now! I think next year we'll be going later then to make sure we can visit our favourite bar in Lanzarote.
Thanx again!!

Posted by: natalie ()
Date: July 26, 2004 09:30PM

HAS ANYONE BEEN TO BEACH CLUB PARADISE?

Posted by: Mary ()
Date: July 27, 2004 09:20AM

Paradise beach club in Peurto del Carmen yes, Its a good Laf Why do you ask?

work in Lanzarote
Posted by: Nic and Chris ()
Date: August 24, 2004 03:34PM

Hi this is Nic and Chris, we're a couple from just outside Manchester. I'm 22 and Chris is 24 and we're coming out to Lanzarote towards the end of September. We're both really bored of Britain. We love Lanzarote having visited loads of times on holiday so this time we're coming to stay! We're both looking for bar work as we have experience in this area though any job would be fantastic. I've just finished a degree in Graphic Design and Chris is a qualified engineer. Between us we also have retail, gardening and cleaning experience. We're really hard workers and very reliable and can turn our hand to anything. We're both really into 60s and 70s music especially the Doors, Jimi Hendrix and Thin Lizzy, and love going to watch live bands. Chris plays the guitar himself and we're both pretty partial to a bit of karaoke!! If you have anything available or know of anyone else who may be able to help us, we would be really grateful. Thanks for reading

Posted by: Carly ()
Date: August 24, 2004 05:03PM

The best bar in PDC has got to be piccadilly! Chris Biscuit is so gorgeous!
Anyone else been there?! What did you think?

Carly
x x x x

Posted by: laurs ()
Date: August 26, 2004 03:20PM

lads i have to agree wit natalie- paradise was the best laf ever and the bar staff- to die for! especially wen they all hop on the bars to dance to papi chulo! PHAOR!!!!!!! great music, great company, great laf! gotta go there!

Posted by: sexygal ()
Date: August 27, 2004 12:07AM

Best bar has to be da big apple!!!!! Was there in aug 04 and it was so cool. ALL the saff there are lovely esp. all the barmen. total babe worked there with his top off !!!!!

Posted by: Chris Dodd ()
Date: August 27, 2004 12:27AM

Having read your musical tastes, i don't think you'll find what you're after at the bars mentioned above! Try Harleys Bar, well thought of band doing lots of covers! Plenty of places offering karaoke along the strip! There is a huge downstairs karaoke bar(forget the name!) but was having a kiddies disco with a singer every half hour when we were there!
As to your original question of work, not much help i'm afraid, but hope i've helped with your chice of night out!

Posted by: maya ()
Date: August 28, 2004 11:59PM

ive got to agree wih you there also, alex in Paradise is just the fittest and friendliest barman there, cant wait to go back again

Posted by: chloe ()
Date: November 24, 2004 06:37PM

alex is UGLY!!

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: November 30, 2004 01:10PM

Gotta say the bast night I had in Lanzarote has to be at Flanagans Showbar. Its in the old town in a little alley on the left as you go down the hill from the biosphera.

The show they do every night is hillarious, a mix of comedy drag from one of the best drag acts i've sen in years "Butch" otherwise known as Bianca The Bitch!!! and a great singer Rita Ski. A show that lasted from about 9.30 or so till gone midnight, and we nver stopped laughing all night,

Posted by: Carol ()
Date: November 30, 2004 05:02PM

Can anyone recommend nights out with 3 kids - 13, 10 and 2 years. Staying in PDC for a week then Teguise.

Cheers Carol

Posted by: Badger ()
Date: November 30, 2004 05:05PM

Rancho texas.

Wild West Action and food too.

Badge

Posted by: Saz ()
Date: December 01, 2004 09:41PM

Does anyone know if Bottles and Jay D's are still open in PDC?

Posted by: eimear ()
Date: December 07, 2004 01:16PM

loads of good bars but my fave bar to start the nite off with had to be Piccadilly, just to have a chat with their very fine rep guy Daithi O' Driscoll! Daithi if your ever in dublin look me up! eimes02@yahoo.co.uk.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum