Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
HARLEY ROCK CAFE
Posted by: TREVOR ()
Date: November 03, 2004 03:05PM

We were recently in PDC and one of the things we were looking forward to was some visits to the Harley which had the best live music around.

Imagine our bewilderment when we found it closed up. Apparently it's lease has expired.We were informed on our last night there that the regular band now plays one night a week at another bar in PDC -have forgotten where.

What a loss!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HARLEY ROCK CAFE
Posted by: deano ()
Date: November 03, 2004 03:16PM

can anyone ouy there what live music is there ie rock pop solo folk irish cheers d

Posted by: El ()
Date: November 04, 2004 06:09PM

Charleys is an excellent live music bar in centro atlantico. cover everything from santana to train. amazing nite- sometimes a nice break from the pop music of centro atlantico.

Posted by: Jackie J ()
Date: November 06, 2004 09:15PM

Was quite surprised to see this myself. I see also that Blue Planet (surfing clothes shop) behind it is closing also.

What a shame.

Jackie

Posted by: Heidi ()
Date: November 10, 2004 03:23PM

Hello,
we went for a holiday to Lanzarote last week and we met the band Question in Playa Blanca.

They were playing every night in a club thats called Lemones.

I believe this was the last week they performed in this place because it was to quiet.

I hope they play anywhere else because the music was really great!!!!

Bye bye

Greetings from Holland!

Posted by: Teresa Lynch ()
Date: March 11, 2005 04:34PM

Hi There,

Myself and my boyfriend go on holiday to Lanzarote every year. We normally go to the Harley Rock Cafe in the evening to see the band Question play. We went to lanzarote last year at the begining of October 2004, and found to our surprize that the Harley was no longer more. The band Question where playing on a Saturday night in Charlies Bar in the big apple in pdc. Towards the end of our stay, they were then going to play 3 nights a week at Palms (bar above Ceasars) which normally did Abba night, Elvis etc. This is a lovely bar, and kids are welcome, It also has tables outside with rocking chairs. The manager of the bar is great as too are the staff, what a friendly place it is.

We didnt get to see Question play in Palms, as we were only there for 1 week,

Does anybody know if they are still there or where Question might be now ?

Posted by: Lorraine Horan ()
Date: March 12, 2005 03:59AM

hi

My husband and myself have been going to lanzarote (PDC) for 10 years.
we first saw the band that was not called question at that time, playing in a bar that has now been change to a Macdonalds.

we have seen them in many bars around PDC,they then moved about 5 or 6 years ago to Harley Rock cafe.

we want on holiday on the 23rd sept 2004 for two weeks, Question was still playing at Harley Rock at this time.

we then travelled to PDC on the 30th December for the new year to find that Question had moved to another bar in PDC,we went every night and watched the live performance. It was GREAT!

We are going next month to see them again and no doubt it will be FANTASTIC!

So yes i know were Question are playing!
i will give you directions, from harley Rock go straight up next block up. There you will see a big green light there you will see Sargent peppers!
This is now there bar and they play there 7 nights a week. 10 till whatever!

Hope this is some use to you and you never know i might even see you there in the summer! Im going back in September. lol.

Posted by: Rachel ()
Date: March 21, 2005 11:47PM

Hi

To All those wanting to know where Question now play

Just got back from PDC yesterday (20th March 2005). Question moved to the American Indian Cafe Bar on the main strip in PDC about 6 weeks ago. They now play every night except Sundays from 10-2am. We went nearly every night, had a fantastic time and chatted with the band. We also saw them live at the Lanzaid concert last friday. If you go to the official website you can see photos posted.

I'm jealous of every one thats going soon, I can't wait to return. Have a cocktail for me!

Posted by: Kristin ()
Date: March 22, 2005 11:14AM

Hi
can anybody tell me where I can get a cd of the band "Question"? I was in Puerto del Carmen in 2001 and since that time I'm a real fan of this band. Please help me!!!

Thank you!!

Posted by: Den ()
Date: April 04, 2005 04:49PM

Just seen an advert for jobs in PDC and it says that the Harley is now going to be called Mulligans.

Posted by: lanz lover ()
Date: April 11, 2005 05:49PM

Just got back from PDC yesterday and spent the week in mulligans which used to be the harley the band playing there now are amazing, they're called usual suspect, defo worth a visit ...go on your first night and they'll have u hooked!!!

Posted by: Yvonne ()
Date: April 13, 2005 03:03PM

I'm also just back from PDC and went to Mulligans most nights in the new town. The Usual Suspects are great and will definitely have you up dancing by the end of the night. The staff are also great...very friendly and very helpful.

Yvonne

Posted by: Lorraine (lol) ()
Date: April 15, 2005 01:56AM

Hi
can anybody tell me where about in PDC is the american indian cafe.
also the band playing at mulligans (usual suspect), do they play rock
music.
going back in two weeks.
lol

Posted by: V ()
Date: April 15, 2005 12:30PM

Hi,

I am heading to Lanzarote on Sunday (April 17th). I am going with my friend whose boyfriend plays in the band 'Usual Suspects'! they play anything from Bob Marley to up to date chart music and some rock n' roll oldies. You are gauranteed to have a ball and be up dancing by the end of the night.

Cheers
val

Posted by: Lorraine (lol) ()
Date: April 16, 2005 06:46PM

Thanks Val.

Sounds like my kind of music will definitely be going
hope you and your friend have a great time we fly out on the 28 april
might meet up with you if you are still there.

cheers
lol

Posted by: Rachel ()
Date: April 17, 2005 04:54PM

Hi Lorraine

The American Indian Cafe Bar is a few bars up from C.C. Atlantico in the new town. It's right on the front. You'll see the stage on the left as you go in.

Can you let me know if Question are still playing there and if they're booked for the summer, as I've just booked to go back again! Have a fantastic time.

Rachel

Posted by: lorraine(lol) ()
Date: April 19, 2005 02:23AM

Hi Rachel

will let you know when i arrive back only going for a week.
if they are not playing at A. I. C.bar. i will find out were they are.
also if they are booked any where for the summer.
going back myself again in september for two weeks.

cheers lol.

Re: The American Indian Cafe Bar
Posted by: Rachael ()
Date: April 22, 2005 01:51PM

Going back to Lanzarote next wednesday the 27th april for the fourth time in 3 years, mainly to see the band Question again.

When we were there last september, Question were still playing in Harley Rock and
then the second week we were away the bar has closed and was really gutted.

Can anyone direct me to the American Indian Cafe bar before next wednesday before
i go? Is it near to where Harley Rock used to be along the main street or further out of town?

Thanks

Rachael

Posted by: Danny316 ()
Date: April 22, 2005 02:23PM

Hello Rach,

I saw Question and you cannot fail to miss American indian bar,
It's right on the main strip and I think located bewteen Mc'D's and Mulligans (Used to be Harley Rock)

But trust me, you will not be ab;le to miss the bar !!!

Get there early as it gets very busy !

Posted by: chris&kev ()
Date: April 22, 2005 07:13PM

Hi, just got back from Lanzarote, usual suspects were fantastic, they play from 10 till 2.30. great music and really nice guys, and the staff in Mulligans were very nice. Made for a great holiday. C

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum