Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Chris Dod
Posted by: GT ()
Date: August 13, 2004 05:53PM

You give me the impression that your a grumpy old man? why do you post here just to wind people up?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chris Dod
Posted by: Glynis ()
Date: August 13, 2004 06:13PM

Hi GT

I am sure Chris does not want to wind anybody up.

It seems we have two lots of people on this chat line. Us oldies who prefer a slightly quieter time & you young ones who want to live it up virtually all night long. Although in my experience you young ones can't seem to last as long as us oldies. My 18 yr old daughter for instance. Can we go home now, I'm tired. No darling, it's only 4am.

Sorry if I offended you Chris, calling you an oldie, but I do get the impression we are about the same age. I am a lady, don't ask.

Posted by: Kazzzy ()
Date: August 13, 2004 06:30PM

Over to you Chris

Posted by: Chris Dodd ()
Date: August 13, 2004 11:09PM

My name in lights at last!!!
(Note to GT: there's 2 d's in Dodd)
Yeah, im positively ancient...30 yrs old!
You're right about the young uns Glynis wanting to party all night! There were a gang of them at our apartments who loved to boast that they came in at 5 in the morn but on a rare early night for ourselves, we saw them going out at midnight! Not quite ready for San Antonio yet kids! lol
Actually GT, we had a fantastic holiday in PDC and didn't mind the PR folks too much, but when I posted about them being a bit over the top at times, lots of people started jumping down my throat! Although, most just say "get a life", some are over-abusive and some say nothing other than "well said" or "I agree" in response to fellow posters comments!
I'm sure that if I was so out of order, the moderator would pull the plug!
I actually found the PDC nightlife to be a bit quiet and lacking in diversity in a big way! If you like RnB music you will be in heaven (although tracks get tedious after you've heard it for the 20th time that evening). Why do no bars offer something different for different tastes? Indie/Funky house/Rock all make up a large proportion of the UK chart, why is so little of it represented?
Is it too much to ask for a bit of originality?

Date: August 14, 2004 03:13PM

Well spotted Simon H, but you get my drift!
Hows about a reference Simon to prove that i'm not the "stick in the mud" that i'm being painted as?
Seeing as we met you in PDC one night;-)

Posted by: Kazzzy ()
Date: August 15, 2004 02:10PM

Chris never met you but you don't seem like the 'stick in the mud' type always answered my questions ok - why do we all have to be party animals to have a good time anyway - oh and before anyone says it no -
I'm not a 'stick in the mud' just been their done it, got the T-shirt etc and have grown up.

On the younger folks side however ' Enjoy' while you can as you get old soon enough.

Date: August 15, 2004 02:50PM

Cheers Kazzzy!
Anyone who has communicated with me since feb will be aware that i'll do what I can to pass on knowledge, just as yourself, gixxer pat and Simon H (to name a few) have done during my time on here!
I really enjoyed Lanza and am tempted to go back next year (or maybe this year) but I think i'll try a different resort!
Some of the contributors to this forum really do paint a poor picture of the PDC welcome that will be waiting for others!
So, to anyone worring about it...don't...it's a great place on the whole despite a few minor "hiccups"!

Posted by: Paulie ()
Date: August 15, 2004 04:29PM

chris,
I have been on the site since Jan/Feb. And in my opinion, you, Bill & Pam etc are very helpful and give honest advice on Lanzarote.
I havent been yet ( start of Oct ) but some of the newer posting have made me glad that I opted for C.T. instead of P.D.C. !!!! But Iam sure it is a nice place.
keep up the good work chris, simon , bill & pam
Paul

Date: August 15, 2004 05:14PM

Thanks Paulie!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum