Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
working in lanzarote
Posted by: CJ ()
Date: June 12, 2005 08:12AM

HI

I have just been offered a job in lanzarote as an entertainer in a hotel complex i was just looking for some advice to people trying to start a life out there

all comments welcome

XCJX

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: working in lanzarote
Posted by: scott ()
Date: June 12, 2005 12:37PM

Well, remember its hard at first, but 6months down the line you should be settled or wanting to go home, you will learn lots once you are over, but remember it is a very small island so first impressions do count so its always best to impress, and to try and not ruffle feathers as i found out that everyone seems to know or know of each person here, and that is a good thing in a way because there is a nice community here, and always something going on, im not sure where you are going to entertain, but do remember the hotels are not that full, and work comes and goes very quickly, its not like in the uk where you think you will be in the same job for years........most of all enjoy lanzarote

Posted by: jemma ()
Date: June 15, 2005 07:43PM

yeah i would give the same advise we are here at the moment but struggling to get jobs any advise no of any

Posted by: scott ()
Date: June 16, 2005 12:02AM

Ukawayfm do a job spot twice daily, on 99.9 and 99.4, that may help you jemma

Posted by: paula_18_Belfast ()
Date: June 24, 2005 02:04PM

hey everyone just wanted to know has anyone got any info on howq I can get a summer job in Lanzarote for next year by then ill be finished school and all. I fancy working in Paradise beach or cesars! I am afraid if I come over I wont find anything or anywhere to live. please help me someone because this is realli what I want to do! thanks luv Paula xxx

Posted by: Will ()
Date: June 24, 2005 02:22PM

Sorry to be brutal but you won't get a job from over here.

Many people like you in similar position.

Need to use what contacts you can. Unless someone knows you and can vouch for you then no way someone will offer you a job unless you are out there.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum