Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
LFC v MUFC Match
Posted by: LFC ()
Date: June 27, 2005 01:27PM

Hi
Me and my boyfriend are doing to Peurto del carmen on 15 September and a couple of days later Liverpool play Man United. Just wondering if anyone knew where the best place to watch the match is - not too rowdy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LFC v MUFC Match
Posted by: WhiteHartLanz ()
Date: June 27, 2005 02:17PM

Never Fear - You'll be spoit for choice. If it's on Sky Sports oi will be shown everywhere - although if it's on Premiership plus - not in so many places.

Each week they also get a match on Spanish TV - although as you would expect - a spanish commentary (although some bars sync it with the World Service radio)

I assume as your "name" is LFC you will be supporting the Mickey Mousers - so I'll be cheering with you that day - you will see from my "name" I am up for anyone to beat the Scum or more importantly, the Gooners!

WHL

Posted by: scott ()
Date: June 27, 2005 03:50PM

Hey im a scum fan, that was a bit harsh, mind you bars cannot sync it with the bbc radio anymore due to it not being available in the canarys so 1.0 to the scum. lol (agree about the gooner bit though)

Posted by: ole ()
Date: June 28, 2005 11:02AM

It’ll be on in plenty of bars, in fact you’ll probably struggle to get away from it - which by half time you hopefully will want to do !
Linekers probably have the best facilities in terms of screens, it can be a really good football atmosphere as long as there’s no nutters in, which there seldom are. (But obviously that particular match prompts a certain amount of bad feeling.)
It’s an unashamed British Sports bar, but MUCH nicer than others you may have been in of the same name. The large verandah is on the first floor on the strip with views along the beach, so when you look away as Ruud grabs the winner, you’ll at least get a nice view !
OLE

Posted by: deano ()
Date: June 29, 2005 05:18PM

the harvester is a good bar for the footy plenty of tellys,full size snooker table as well.

Posted by: WhiteHartLanz ()
Date: June 30, 2005 02:40PM

Scott,

So 1-0 to the Scum eh? Wasn't that the real score from Old Trafford on Jan 5th?

WHL

(Apologies to everyone else for bringing you into my private hell - "Mendes from the halfway line" - less we forget)

Posted by: scott ()
Date: June 30, 2005 05:28PM

I have january 5th memory loss, and it gets worse, gillingham are my first team of choice.................blue army

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum