Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Re: Question Live Band In The American Indian Bar
Posted by: Alan Pye ()
Date: February 14, 2006 11:13AM

Erika

I was copying the disks for free and my cost was only for the price of the cds+ posting
I have sent two sets out to people and I have received nothing in return

So wind your neck in!!!!!!

Alan

Posted by: R.S. ()
Date: February 14, 2006 11:52AM

well i am one of the members in "Question" and normally i always accept critics cause it's a part of the game. In this special case i feel like i have to have a word about the heavy critics to the guitar player in my band and i say to you my friend that in 30 years of my professional carrier I haven't seen a player (when you play every single) who makes no mistakes sometime( I do mistakes and so do the others in the band) but that doesn't make you to be a less professional player. I am surprised that the critics are coming from a musician because he supposed to know that. Well next time you are in Lanzarote come to have a chat with us and maybe play a couple of songs with us and make sure you dont make any mistakes. Bye for now and see you laaaaaaater

Posted by: R,S ()
Date: February 14, 2006 12:14PM

Te previous message was addresed to L.H.U.K and please let me know where actually you come from cause you english it's a bit strange.

Posted by: R,S ()
Date: February 14, 2006 10:54PM

The previous message was addresed to L.H.U.K and please let me know where actually you come from cause your english it's a bit strange.

Posted by: fars21 ()
Date: February 15, 2006 05:59PM

I have to say that although I am not a professional musician or anything I think that Question are absolutely fantastic entertainment. My fiance and I were there in November for a week and always enjoyed our evenings spent watching Question - we felt they really added to the enjoyment of our holiday, so we are coming back for 2 weeks at the end of August.

Our fave songs are "Where the Streets Have No Name" (how can anyone say the guitarist doesn't know how to play????) but my own personal favourite has to be R.S. singing "You are so Beautiful to Me" (by Joe Cocker,I think?) - R.S, I have to say that your voice really suits that song and you sing it amazingly well!

Posted by: debbie ()
Date: February 16, 2006 10:00AM

hi rs we have seen you loads of times at the indian and we really enjoy our time there listening to all of you we will be back there in september does anyone no when its closing for refurbisment please it would be terible to come all the way from england and the indian closed, we know you are playing at the golden corner then but it just wouldnt be the same without paco with the music and mark and the others bringing our drinks while you play your music ,
hope you can shed some light on this for us see you soon xxxxx.

Posted by: siri ()
Date: February 16, 2006 11:18AM

Hello.

I`m going to Lanzarote in March, and i know for sure that Question are still playing in American I. Cafè then. They talked about closing for refurb. in may, but you never know for sure. We heard it so many times that they are closing, but it never happen. They talked about it for a year now.
Well the band are super great, all of them actually. But the band is so much more than Olivier, there are 4 of them. Hope they are playing there for many years more :-)

Posted by: SuzVegas ()
Date: February 16, 2006 11:33AM

How fantastic! I was so delighted to hear that Question will definitely be playing in March. I've seen them loads of times and I am going back in March to see them playing yet again. I have 3 of their cds, bought directly from the band themselves but haven't been to PDC since 2003, bet they still sing the same great songs. I asked for a request one year - George Michael's Faith to see if they could really sing it and yep they did it! I am hoping they will sing it again.

Posted by: Connie Germany ()
Date: February 17, 2006 01:22AM

Question Band!.

I've just been on lanzarote,and spent two weeks there.Lovely island and so many nice people.Stayed at lanzaplaza.Every night i went to see the Question band at the american indian cafe.They are really great,what a band!!!! only thing that they play a little too loud sometimes,or else just great great great!!!!!!!
I like all the members but specially the drummer and the keybourdist.
What a great voice those two have.
Do anybody know if the drummer is single,or if he have a girlfriend or wife?????
Please let me know.
I'm coming back in may,because this was my best holiday ever.

Posted by: Cathy ()
Date: February 17, 2006 08:26AM

The drummer is married i`m afraid. She is a lovely woman. :-) But he`S great on drums :-)

Posted by: debbie ()
Date: February 19, 2006 10:21AM

hi sorry the drummer is married and has three little girls we were there in september and they came and spent the night in the bar and watched them play

Posted by: suzvegas ()
Date: March 03, 2006 01:56PM

Hi

I am off to PDC on Sunday 5th March. Does anyone know if Question will be playing in the American Indian Bar???

Cheers

Posted by: r,m ()
Date: March 05, 2006 10:31AM

to suzvegas,

A few days ago, the bar left to the American Indian Cafe has been closed, to start the refurbishing and enlargement of the American Indian Cafe.

By now, the management expects 3 or 4 weeks til closing the American Indian Cafe, too, to unite the two bars to the new big American Indian Cafe. Furthermore, the managers hope not to close the old actual American Indian Cafe for longer than 4 weeks.

While waiting for the new American Indian Cafe, Question will do their job in the "Golden Corner", a few hundred meters up the street, in direction to Arrecife.

Posted by: shazzyb ()
Date: March 07, 2006 07:33PM

r,m - My boyfriend and I are coming to Lanza on Sunday 12th! Can't wait! We came out on the 17th March last year and loved it, so are coming back again. We spent most nights in the American Indian as we loved Question's music. Hope they are not closing the Bar while we are there?

Posted by: LE1701 ()
Date: February 16, 2010 09:20PM

Hi
Just back from Lanza (AGAIN!) & wish i'd bought CDs of Question band, does anyone still have their discs they can copy for me ???? Pleeeaaasssseeeeee xxx

Drop me an email : lorna24@hotmail.com

Thanks
x

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum