Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

UK away presenter at 4pm comatose bore.
Posted by: Tony Deaf ()
Date: September 09, 2005 07:04PM

Anyone know the dopey paddy on ukaway radio? I listened for 15 mins to his stuttering rubbish at about 4pm today before switching to Holidayfm.

God fellow if you read this site ,take a tip and get a bar job in an Irish bar and give us all a break cus your dj skills and entertainment suck.

Re: UK away presenter at 4pm comatose bore.
Posted by: scotty ()
Date: September 10, 2005 12:09AM

Well tone deaf, i suppose this forum is about views on all that is lanzarote, but it would of been nicer to have sent an email to the studio@ukawayfm.com instead of slating him on the forum. I would point out that the dj in question is still learning the ropes and has been put in the deep end due to illness and holidays of other presenters, hes a good guy who is improving all the time, i would hate to listen to what i sounded like a few years ago, i hope ive come on a bit, im the dopey english one that comes on at 6pm..........did you know that holidayfm broadcast from london and all their shows are pre recorded?
suppose im getting to get some stick now lol

Posted by: Tony Deaf ()
Date: September 10, 2005 01:44AM

I gave the presenter a couple of chances the second chance had me listening to him waffle very nervously on about mercedes cars and there history for 15 mins until i clicked OFF (thinking enuff is enuff with this twat).

If it was his first day in the job then ok. (sorry but you are still shit)

But it wasnt was it.

Sack the chancer now before the station loses all its listeners.

Holiday fm knocks the crap outa gayaway anyhow.

Date: September 10, 2005 02:37AM

Hey Tony Deaf,

How are you doing? Obviously having fun! Perhaps you would like to show us how it should be done?

It seems you are an expert and know your ins and outs, but in reading through your comments, I really have my doubts.

We are a community station not your radio 1, as such we do our best and believe me, we have fun.

Our listeners are the greatest and provide us much support, if we were not producing then they would soon report.

So although I care so deeply for comments both good or bad, I have to say if they're your best, you must be very sad.

So may I suggest you take an extremely longish hike in fact it may be quicker to just get on your bike.

I do hope you dont take offence hun,(whoever you are?) I just could not resist. You post such awful comments that I felt sure you was wanting some back. I had to - - - just had to.

Luv and kisses

Sandy B

Date: September 10, 2005 10:18AM

Well, i suppose anyone reading this thread just may want to tune in now, the old saying about all publicity being good publicity. Holidayfm are good at what they do, and with a huge budget they should be, plus if you use pre-recorded shows you can muck up and edit til you get it right, at the end of the day we are just a very small community station for the people of lanzarote and fuerteventura doing our bit for mainly the locals, plus we play all requests and dedications, we broadcast 24/7 and you have just earmarked two hours of the day, there are shows that are not my cup of tea, but im not forced to listen to them, its nice to get reactions, because feedback is acted on, but cannot see the reason for you to go shiting, twating and gayinaway all over the place

Posted by: pete ()
Date: September 10, 2005 03:18PM

Don't change it. UKaway reminds me of local radio when it first started in UK. Many mishaps, but that's what make it unique and entertaining.
Listening to the other station is just like being back home in UK.
Many of the "name" DJ's were s**t when they first started. Practice makes perfect.
Just wish I had heard the broadcast mentioned - for a laugh.

Date: September 10, 2005 05:06PM

Take a look at [www.ukawayfm.com]

Date: September 10, 2005 06:11PM

Hi simon (thanks pete for the support) you can listen if you go to the above website or you can listen on-line if you go to golanzarote.com all opinions would be welcomed.........scotty

Date: September 10, 2005 06:24PM

Is Dick Knowles still out on the Island?

Date: September 12, 2005 12:39PM

UKaway does have its supporters too. See [www.lanzaroteisland.com]

Posted by: Ole ()
Date: September 12, 2005 01:31PM

Keep up the good work Scotty !

Posted by: Dick Knowles ()
Date: September 15, 2005 02:21PM

Yes Pete.
I am still here.Been reading all this stuff about uk away. Quite strange for me
as I did all the initial set up for the station.It is hard to find experienced presenters to work on the station and it does take time to settle in once you get over the initial shock of going live.Jules and I had great problems setting the initial schedules up. Ask anyone who does the job. The stations problems are being compounded at present due to the fact that they have got no one working there in programme controlwho has any understanding of radio entertainment in the modern world.All this idiotic changing round of presenters just confuses the listeners abd drives them away.But back to the original topic. Everyone who wants to go for it deserves a chance. With a small independent station its the only way to go

Date: September 15, 2005 02:28PM

Same with any small independent business Dick, alway plenty of cash needed to be pored in, always train people up, only for them to leave for greater things.
Don't see any Phantom Flan Flingers Ball in Lanzarote!!!!!!!

Posted by: Dick Knowles ()
Date: September 15, 2005 04:45PM

Hi Pete.Wich Pete are you [not being funny]

Date: September 15, 2005 04:51PM

A good friend provided the live band many, many years ago. Pressure Point. Think there were 700+ in that night.

Posted by: phil dale ()
Date: September 20, 2005 06:13PM

i´ve been reading with great interest but an even greater smile with the banter regarding this topic. i must congratulate,firstly, tony deaf for increasing the number of listeners to this great little station thanks to his somewhat over personalised attack and,secondly, the wonderfully supportive comments of dk,scotty,sandy,simon h, ole &pete.

some of you might not know ,but i present the brekky show mon-fri on uk away.

its my first time on radio and i´ve only been doing it 9 months.i´ve made loads of mistakes on past shows , still do them now and more than likely will continue to do so and,i suspect, some people find me boring or irritating.

but future critics must remember one thing , we are all human and all fallible and one can only do ones best at that given time,whatever the circumstances might be.

so listeners , please, with new presenters, show some patience,grace,a little respect even and a little bit of love and understanding wouldn´t go amiss either.

uk away is your radio station,it serves the community,it plays the music you want to hear,its a great little station.support it don,t berate it !!

and to finish on a lighter note to prove my point ,its taken me over a bloody hour to type this ´cause i´m so crap on computer !!

God bless you all

Posted by: Catwoman ()
Date: September 21, 2005 08:17PM

I have to agree with a lot of the above comments - but not the one from Tony Deaf - if you can do better let's hear you. The DJ's work hard to put out a show for every one of their listeners young and old from many different backgrounds, and not every show is going to be loved by everyone, so I think they do a great job.

Another thing - DK - is that bitterness that I hear in your message? You left the station, and it hasn't all fallen apart since you have left. Plenty of listeners have stuck with the station even though the presenters and time slots have been moved around - variety is the spice of life and all that!

With regards to the original comments - we all make mistakes in real life so it will happen on live radio too - we're only human after all, so you have to allow us some leeway.

I'll stay tuned in and supporting the station.

Posted by: Bulldog ()
Date: September 21, 2005 08:30PM

Lets address the situation.

First may I say That Tony Deaf is actually deaf or at least very narrow minded.

The reason for this is that it takes years to perfect the DJ trade. Like in every job you always learn something new. The music changes, attitudes change and for a new DJ it is always difficult to find that happy medium. There will always be shows or DJ's that any one person will not like, but for every one person that doesn't like it, there will be 2 others that do like it.

Every DJ at UK Away FM works very hard to accomodate all the needs in the community of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and La Graciosa, and not forgetting the rest of the world via the web, where we have many listeners.

Every listener is given the opportunity to e mail direct to the studio with their personal views - good or bad, and also to add any ideas for future shows and their content.

I suggest that any other comments however constructive they are, please contact UK Away FM on studio@ukawayfm.com as it's your community radio station and we can only change if we know what to change.

Bulldog
Sports Manager
UK Away FM

Posted by: dk the dj ()
Date: September 22, 2005 03:21AM

Hello Bulldog

Your post on this forum is the most sensible and concise reply I have seen regarding this whole subject. Well said me old mucker. Its just a shame that [re your last paragraph] the only person that ROGER EVER LISTENS TO IS HIMSELF.
tHE MAD MAd footie review show was one of the most listened to and liked shows ever. I was long gone before it came off but recieved many calls and texts asking why iy was being taken off. We all know why it came off dont we. Roger didnt like it. Never mind the listeners.Practically every dj on uk away bar you and trigger wrote a letter of support for the boys. Somethings will never change.

Hello Catwoman if u r reading this. If you knew me at all you would know that I am not a bitter person.I never said that the station fell apart did I. I said that I thought the idiotic changing around of presenters was bad for the staion and I still stand by that. Phil Dale should be given a lifetime contract for the breaskfast show as he is a superb breakfast presenter in exactly the same way that Bulldog is tha canary islands rock presenter. What saddens me is that listeners and presenters views are ignored for self gratification.

Posted by: Bulldog ()
Date: September 22, 2005 09:28AM

Hello DK,
Can we clear a couple of things up about the mad mad footie show.The reason it was taken of air was because of many complaints recieved and unfortunatly the loss of listeners to rival stations.Therefore with the views from other djs,only one in support of the mad mad footie show,the decision was made to scrap the show and appoint myself as sports manager to oversee all sport on Uk Away FM.So Roger does listen to opinion which proves things have changed and will continue to change.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum