Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Main Lanz.com forum wakes up at lastsmiling smiley
Posted by: Get Real/Cyberpunk ()
Date: November 13, 2005 06:46PM

The games section finally deleted .

HOOPA!!!

For the readers think huh? wtf is he going on about!

Bascially the main Lanzarote dotcom forum site has been drowned in spam from a handful of posters addicted to a section created for games.

This has now been nuked after a thousand or so complaints finally got through to admin.

So yippee and heh heh heh!

Maybe that site gonna be salvaged from the dead after all?

l8trswinking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Main Lanz.com forum wakes up at lastsmiling smiley
Posted by: Get Real/Cyberpunk ()
Date: November 13, 2005 06:56PM

The situation over there couldnt go on much longer . Somthing had to give and thinkfully it did. I bet the spammers are screaming and spitting blood atm.

As Santa would say .......... HO HO HO !!!

winking smiley

Posted by: Will ()
Date: November 13, 2005 09:46PM

Bout time.

I went on their last week and out of 2 pages in new posts only 3 were threads not related to games and 2 of them were the daily weather updates.

It was once quite lively but is dead as a dodo.

Posted by: Zannah ()
Date: November 14, 2005 10:04AM

What point are you making Cyfrin???

There are NO games on the "main site" either, now thanks to you Dottie, Dottie Bean, Cyfrin, Yankee Doodle or whatever else you call youself in your umpteen aliases!!!!!! There was NO swearing there either and certainly NO abuse...... sure Will and Pete always told us we were far too polite over thuah!!!!!! And they came on to wind us all up a bit and get us off our high horses....

Hope your membership picks up......

Posted by: spottie ()
Date: November 14, 2005 11:44AM

"What point are you making Cyfrin??? "

I think the point she´s trying to make, Zannah, is that shes(hes?) not very good at running message boards. For example

24 messages in over a year, 21 of which are hers(his?)!

And a message from her(him?) on 28/4 saying "I will shortly add a new section devoted to local news and information. Keep watching!!

Followed 6 days later by another message "The link is now added to the column on the left"

and when you click on it you get a link to the the Gazette News webpage! 7 days to find Gazette news!

A case of Dottie Hasbean I think!

Posted by: ole ()
Date: November 14, 2005 12:42PM

It’s a shame that a section has been withdrawn because it received TOO MANY postings ? That doesn’t make much sense to me, but it probably just wasn’t worth the endless bitching. As Cyberpunk says “after a thousand or so complaints” – the majority from CP himself ! lol
The complainers, as Will quite rightly says, did have a reasonable point, but personally I really didn’t find it difficult to avoid the Games posts. What some people seem to have missed is that the apparent futile subject matter was actually often a vehicle for quite humorous banter. Anyway, hopefully the bitching will now come to an end, but it isn’t helped by gloating threads like this one. It’s like a child being happy because his brother has had his toy taken away from him.
Ole

Date: November 14, 2005 01:57PM

For me Ole - I had become an infrequent poster because unlike others I actually have some work to do and this site is far easier to pop in and out quickly.

Once you become an infrequent poster you can't find out what the latest threads are so you have to rely on the new posts button - however this is where the spam was a problem as there would be nothing of interest as you waded thru the games and so imagine other visitors would give up too.

Also because of the sectionalised lay out of the site you are unlikely to join or find an interesting discussion because unless you just happened to be browsing in say the other accomodation section you wouldn't find it.

This site could do with 2 or 3 compartments - say eating and drinking, accomodation and other which would narrow peoples search for info down without making the site ludicrously complicated. I did mention that to Bawbee years ago but was over ruled - what if hey...!!!!!!!

Posted by: ole ()
Date: November 14, 2005 02:38PM

Yes, Will as I said, I think it was a justified complaint for the reasons you've described. I just didn't think it was an issue which warranted such a fuss whilst it was at the same time a popular section.
Anyway, it's ended now.
Ole

Date: November 14, 2005 02:40PM

In fairness Will, I think Bawbee explained that the View new posts thing could not be set up to show 2/3 individual compartments. I may be wrong but he seemed to be saying that the "package" or program whatver it is, was set up in a very restricted way, and the new posts all came up chronologically, and there was no way round it. I always found other ways to find things, by looking at last posts on the main forum page for example...

Anyway it is a closed chapter now and of course those of us who DID enjoy the games, will get over it.....it isn't life and death after all!!! Far more important than that..winking smiley

Posted by: pete ()
Date: November 14, 2005 02:52PM

Why the hell are we persisting on discussing another forum on here.
Do we want to ruin this forum also?
If you wish to discuss another forum, why not go onto it and then it will boost their visitor numbers, whilst in the meantime, leave this forum without the gossip, garbage, etc.
At least here there maybe heated debates, but not too much slagging off. Well!!!

Date: November 14, 2005 03:27PM

Well said Pete, good point, but be fair...Get Real/Cyberpunk started it....nerner nerner....

Subject closed... and as a woman I MUST be allowed to have the VERY last word..ok ...so nobody say anything else about it!!!!

CLOSED it is, CLOSED!!!!!

Date: November 14, 2005 03:33PM

Ladies please at your ages!!

You're starting to sound like the girls on the other threads debating which bar men are the best lay or whatever!!!

Zannah - I was referring to donkeys years ago when I said to bawbee he was planning to have too many sections and you will deter people from posting.

Games section - I was always anti as the whole point was that it was a lanzarote forum and again diluted the real purpose.

And why am I discussing it here? Because any discussion about Big Brother(Bcool smiley is strictly not allowed on the other side and this the only place it can be discussed.

Date: November 14, 2005 04:09PM

CG not like you to start stirring things...winking smiley

Posted by: Paula_99 ()
Date: November 15, 2005 01:02AM

can i go on to the main forum is the first posts on the list all the more recently posted?? im also very confused about this topic in general? x

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum