Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Notice Boards
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: October 04, 2006 11:21AM

Hello everyone!

I have a few requests today... but I´ll try to keep it short and sweet in each post! ;-)

Right... Notice Boards... We´re posting flyers on any notice boards we find from Playa Blanca up to Arrecife. We´ve done Vivo´s, Deiland, the English Cash & Carry... Today we´re doing the 2 book swaps in PDC, the garage on the Macher road and 3 that we´ve found in Playa Blanca.

Does anyone know of any others? Directions too, would be really helpful!

Thanks, and hugs, as always! Elle xx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Notice Boards
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: October 04, 2006 11:33AM

Hi Elle,

Nice to finally meet you yesterday........sorry I was a bit distant, we'd had a manic day at the shelter. We'll have to arrange a meet in a bar somewhere, much more sociable.

Notice boards.....don't forget the one in Hypodino in Tias. There is also one in the English supermarket, Tias and one in C&K Haulage next door to it. I think you know Hypodino so directions to the other two coming from Hypodino. Head for the Ferretaria Tias and just before the roundabout there is a new chemist on the right. Turn right there down a small street, 100 yards or so further on there is a T-junction. Park there and you will see C&K Haulage on the right. The supermarket is just round the corner next door.

See ya

Lynne

Date: October 05, 2006 01:46PM

Thanks Lynne. We went to Tias today... met Karen at C & K Haulage. Lovely lady... and very helpful. Can you give her a call? I think she's got some stuff for you... and I didn't have your number on me at the time to give to her. She's going to ring you from home later anyway, if not before.

Oh, and the English Supermarket round the corner was great! Found a jar of English mustard.... now my scrambled eggs taste even better!

I think we'll be popping to Tias a fair bit now.

Hugs, Elle

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: October 10, 2006 02:09PM

Mustard in scrambled eggs??! Yuck? Have you tried having them with loads of butter, and fairly runny served on german ryebread or pumpernickel with Uga Salmon..... ummmmm!

Date: October 10, 2006 03:02PM

No... trust me, Will. It's lovely! Only a teeny bit though... just for a slight tang. And yes, ALWAYS loads of butter! And I always have my eggs runny.... they're so much better that way.

Oh, can you tell me how to get to Uga by the way? I can't find it on any maps... and I'm dying to try this salmon you keep mentioning.

Hugs, Elle xx

Date: October 10, 2006 04:55PM

Head the usual route to Carmen and after Yaiza you get the windy section - then a couple of miles after the newish Femes roundabout you will see the Ahumaderia - something like that. You will also see Bodega 100 yds past on the other side. It has a Penguin as its "logo" for some reason!

Date: October 10, 2006 06:00PM

Ok the salmon smokery isn't actually in Uga its on the main road from Yaiza to PDC after the sign for Uga!

You can't miss it anyway - you will have passed it a million times on the way to and from the airport. The parking is a bit hairy tho!

Date: October 16, 2006 11:48AM

Hi Will. Popped into Uga the other day.. but it was Fiesta day... so was a ghost-town (yes, Angie... thanks for emailing me the next few dates honey!)

That turning for the smokery though... is it after the newish Femes roundabout? Still on the Yaiza road? It doesn´t sound familiar.. but then we turn left at that roundabout.. and go over the hill... through Femes... to get to PB.

Cheers, Elle xx

Date: October 17, 2006 11:40AM

Thanks Pastinaca. I´ll get Alan to take me when he gets back home.

Date: October 17, 2006 12:57PM

Go the usual route - ie. not over Femes!!

I like going over the top but for me its that drive from the airport that does it for me. The landmarks - going up the hill from the airport, avoiding wiping out on the road sign for Tias, through Macher, past the ahumedaria in Uga, the salt pans just past Yaiza and then the long straight drive to PB as the sun is setting. Spotting Feurteventura (or ace ventura as we call it!!) on the sky line always gives me goose bumps and then turning right at the petrol station we know we are virtually there!!

Date: October 17, 2006 06:13PM

????

Date: October 18, 2006 09:59AM

Who? Bodega? Me in my car? Depends whether car has radio/CD and no music at Bodega or maybe just really quiet ambient stuff.

Air - Moon Safari is a big first night favourite!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum