Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Motorbikes or Scooters?
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: October 10, 2006 03:07PM

Hi everyone.

Alan and I have been using a hire car since we've been here... and it's not a bad deal. 400 euros a month. But we'd like to get a scooter or a 125 motorbike. Can anyone recommend a good dealer? Or know of one for sale? We p0opped into the big car place by Vivos today... but didn't see anything we liked. Might just put a few "wanted" flyers about - but we're not in a huge hurry.

I'm also after a cheap old bicycle for getting around PB. Anyone got a spare one here on the island?

Hugs, Elle

PS. Lynne... if you're reading this... we'll be at your Car Boot sale on Saturday... so will see if there's any there. 45 tables then honey! Lots of pennies for the lovely doggies!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Motorbikes or Scooters?
Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: October 10, 2006 04:56PM

Are you really sure you want a moped/125? They are not called donorcycles for nothing.

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: October 11, 2006 02:49AM

Have to agree with Will on this. I wouldn't ride a two wheeler on this island "for a big clock".
Stick to four wheels......much safer.

Think your car hire is a bit steep though. There are places that do deals for long term rental. Anton Car Hire for example but I'm sure there are others.
Check out KH cars in PDC. They donate 10% of their rental money to SARA so worth giving them a call and checking out their prices, I think they are round about the same price as most.

Hoping for a big turn out on Saturday. We have got a record number of tables booked....there's 47 now! That's 700 euros for SARA just on table rents alone before we even sell anything (providing they all turn up) Cheated a bit though as 12 of the 47 are for SARA so don't pay rent.

See you Saturday Elle
PS....just sold a bike about a month ago, 25 euros you were just a bit too late. Got a childs trike if you've got little legs!!

Date: October 16, 2006 11:45AM

Thanks Lynne. I´ll text you later for the KH cars number. I can´t seem to find it anywhere. We may stick to Anthon in PDC for the moment.. or we might swap at the end of this month... choices... choices. We´ve had some news recently (which is GREAT news) which means we´ll be sticking to a car, and will be buying one after Christmas anyway. I´ll let you all know as soon as it´s all finalised.. but I don´t want to tempt fate just yet.;-)

Alan still wants his bike.. but I´ll be sticking to a car. I have refused thus far to drive over here. Although I have been driving in the UK, and Eire for 13 years.. I just don´t have the confidence here yet. I´ve demanded (yes, demanded lol) Spanish driving lessons.. as that will give me what I need here. I just hope I can find one who´s English is better than my Spanish. Must admit though.. the Spanish is coming along really well. Alan´s in the UK for the next few days - and so I can only speak to Canary people for a few days. It´s fine though.. and so far, so good! I just ensure that I have a new phrase every day as a minimum... and it works! I´m a dab hand in the shops now! But then (just before the fellas here say it...) that is a woman´s favourite pastime.

Hugs, as always... Elle xx

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: October 17, 2006 12:52PM

Driving in Lanza is easier than driving in London.

Considerably. Only minor difficulties are the locals who don't know how to fu**ing drive!! Basically you have to imagine you are behind a pissed up scouser in a stolen car. They could do absolutely anything. Also you have to get used to middle age short arse men driving toyota pick ups 6 inches behind your bumper. Just touching your brake pedal randomly sorts these guys out.

Never seen learners on the roads out there. Judging by the standard of driving surprised they have instructors.

Wave to Bill and Pam on the roundabout for us!!!

Date: October 18, 2006 11:57AM

Ha ha ha ha... I knew you´d mention the roundabouts! They´re an entertainment in themselves.

Have seen some learner drivers out in PB... and have now seen an ad in a local magazine - so we´ll see.

Yes, tailgaters are plentiful here... as are the old boys with caps on! Lethal!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum